No commission1 is charged when you buy foreign currency allowing you to lock in a great rate before you travel, allowing you to spend like a local.
Foreign Currency Wallets
Your OneSmart Account can hold up to four foreign currencies at any one time. There are eight different foreign currencies to choose from. All you need to do is move money held in your OneSmart Account within any wallet, which has sufficient funds, to your chosen currency wallet. When you travel to that country your OneSmart Account will take funds from that wallet first.
- Your OneSmart Account can be used at over 32 million retailers and over 1.8 million ATMs wherever MasterCard® is accepted electronically.
- When you use your OneSmart Account overseas, you could earn 1 Airpoints Dollar™ for every NZ$100 you spend on eligible purchases2.
- When calculating the Airpoints Dollar earn rate when you spend in a foreign currency, the amount of your spend will be converted into New Zealand dollars at the currency exchange rate prevailing at the time the amount is deducted from your OneSmart Account.
- Australian Dollars (AUD)
- United States Dollars (USD)
- Great British Pounds (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Singapore Dollars (SGD)
To load foreign currency, if you've activated your OneSmart Account, login now.
1. OneSmart Conversion Rates apply.
2. Eligible purchases exclude: a) purchases of Airpoints Dollars, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques and foreign currencies in cash, b) any fees, adjustments and transfers between OneSmart Accounts c) any transaction that is reversed/refunded or charged-back, and (d) any cash withdrawals from ATMs.
Need help? Browse this section for more information or call our OneSmart Customer Services on 0800 ONESMART (+64 9 444 0537).
MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Eligibility criteria apply. Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) is the issuer of the OneSmart Account. BNZ’s account opening criteria apply. OneSmart Account Terms and Conditions, and fees apply. BNZ’s current Disclosure Statement and Qualifying Financial Entity Disclosure Statement may be obtained from any BNZ store or viewed at bnz.co.nz. This offer of securities is only an offer to persons in New Zealand and is not available for subscription by any person outside New Zealand.