Starfish offers regional frequent flyers the opportunity to cut the cost of travel.
How does Starfish work?
There are two Starfish products, both of which are valid for 12 months. The 12 month validity period will commence from the date you joined Starfish.
- Option one is a 15% discount on qualifying flights that can be purchased for $200.
- Option two is a 30% discount on qualifying flights that can be purchased for $800.
The Starfish discount applies to Air New Zealand regional flights originating from or departing to the following regional airports.
Check out our Starfish Calculator to estimate what you could be saving.
|Napier||Nelson||New Plymouth||Palmerston North|
Starfish excludes regional sectors that are booked as part of an international or multistop journey and direct flights between the following cities: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin. Child fares and $1 grabaseat fares are not eligible for the Starfish discount.
You can sign up to Starfish and activate your discount via www.myairnz.co.nz using your Airpoints™ number/username and password. Starfish can be purchased using all major credit/debit cards.
If you are not already an Airpoints member you can join online. The joining fee for Airpoints membership will be waived with the purchase of Starfish. You will need to enter the promo code STARFISH when joining the Airpoints Programme online to waive the joining fee.
Your Starfish membership is captured on the ePass within your Airpoints card - you can use this to speed check-in at our kiosks or gate scanners, if available, when you board your flights.
If you have a Starfish discount that is due to expire, you can now renew online.
Booking Starfish flights
Starfish bookings must be booked online at airnz.co.nz. To receive your discount, you will need to login before you search for flights. Once logged in your discount will automatically be applied to any eligible flights.
- All travel must be commenced and completed within the 12 month validity period of the discount. The 12 month validity period of your Starfish discount will commence from the date you joined Starfish.
- Only the Starfish member can travel on flights purchased in the Starfish member's name. Tickets are non-transferable.
- A maximum of one adult plus children (who will not be eligible for the same Starfish discount as the adult) can be made per booking under the Starfish programme. This means that a separate booking will need to be made for any adult passengers who are travelling with you.
Changing Starfish flights
Starfish flights can be changed online, subject to the fare rules of the fare purchased. You can also change your flight by calling the contact centre on 0800 737 000, however service fees will apply.
At the airport
You will be required to scan your ePass at the kiosk (if available) or at the boarding gate when travelling. If you don't already have an ePass one will be sent out to you once you have joined Starfish.
View the Starfish Terms and Conditions.
Airpoints Terms & Conditions apply.