Starfish offers regional frequent flyers the opportunity to cut the cost of travel.
How does Starfish work?
There are two Starfish products, both of which are valid for 12 months. The 12 month validity period will commence from the date you joined Starfish.
- Option one is a 15% discount on qualifying flights that can be purchased for $200.
- Option two is a 30% discount on qualifying flights that can be purchased for $800.
The Starfish discount applies to Air New Zealand regional flights originating from or departing to the following regional airports.
Check out our Starfish Calculator to estimate what you could be saving.
|Napier||Nelson||New Plymouth||Palmerston North|
Starfish excludes regional sectors that are booked as part of an international or multistop journey and direct flights between the following cities: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin. Child fares and $1 grabaseat fares are not eligible for the Starfish discount.
To join Starfish, sign into your online account using your Airpoints™ number/username and password and go to your 'My Benefits' page where Starfish can be purchased using all major credit/debit cards.
If you are not already an Airpoints member you can join online. Once signed up visit 'My benefits' to purchase your Starfish membership.
If you already have a Starfish discount that is due to expire, sign in to your online account and renew through My Benefits.You can renew your Starfish discount up to three months before it expires.
Booking Starfish flights
To receive a Starfish discount for a booking, you must be signed in online before you make the booking. Once signed in, your discount will automatically be applied to any eligible flights.
- All travel must be commenced and completed within the 12 month validity period of the discount. The 12 month validity period of your Starfish discount will commence from the date you joined Starfish.
- Only the Starfish member can travel on flights purchased in the Starfish member's name. Tickets are non-transferable.
- A maximum of one adult plus children (who will not be eligible for the same Starfish discount as the adult) can be made per booking under the Starfish programme. This means that a separate booking will need to be made for any adult passengers who are travelling with you.
- At this time Starfish discount flights cannot be booked via Air New Zealand's mobile booking site.
Changing Starfish flights
Starfish flights can be changed online, subject to the fare rules of the fare purchased. You can also change your flight by calling the contact centre on 0800 737 000, however service fees will apply.
At the airport
You will be required to scan your Airpoints card at the kiosk (if available) or at the boarding gate if you're going straight to the gate when travelling without a checked bag.
View the Starfish Terms and Conditions.
Airpoints Terms & Conditions apply.