The Starfish card is no longer being offered from 3 Feb 2014. However, existing members will continue to enjoy all the benefits of the programme through until the expiry of their current membership.
You can find more information below about using your Starfish card between now and its expiry.
How does Starfish work?
There are two Starfish products, both of which are valid for 12 months. The 12 month validity period will commence from the date you joined Starfish.
- Option one is a 15% discount on qualifying flights.
- Option two is a 30% discount on qualifying flights.
The Starfish discount applies to Air New Zealand regional flights originating from or departing to the following regional airports.
|Napier||Nelson||New Plymouth||Palmerston North|
Starfish excludes regional sectors that are booked as part of an international or multistop journey and direct flights between the following cities: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin. Child fares and $1 grabaseat fares are not eligible for the Starfish discount.
Booking Starfish flights
To receive a Starfish discount for a booking, you must be signed in online before you make the booking. Once signed in, your discount will automatically be applied to any eligible flights.
- All travel must be commenced and completed within the 12 month validity period of the discount. The 12 month validity period of your Starfish discount will commence from the date you joined Starfish.
- Only the Starfish member can travel on flights purchased in the Starfish member's name. Tickets are non-transferable.
- A maximum of one adult plus children (who will not be eligible for the same Starfish discount as the adult) can be made per booking under the Starfish programme. This means that a separate booking will need to be made for any adult passengers who are travelling with you.
- At this time Starfish discount flights cannot be booked via Air New Zealand's mobile booking site.
Changing Starfish flights
Starfish flights can be changed online, subject to the fare rules of the fare purchased. You can also change your flight by calling the contact centre on 0800 737 000, however service fees will apply.
At the airport
You will be required to scan your Airpoints card at the kiosk (if available) or at the boarding gate if you're going straight to the gate when travelling without a checked bag.
Visit the full Starfish Terms and Conditions.