Enjoy an exhilarating 90 minute cruise to see wild dolphins and sea lions before concluding on Penguin Island to meet the world's smallest penguins!
Experience a 90 minute wildlife cruise through the ruggedly spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Wild dolphins are the star attraction. You may see mothers with new born calves, learn how dolphins use stingrays to catch octopus or see them spectacularly leaping from the wake of our boat.
After enjoying some quality dolphin time, we return through the wildlife sanctuary zone to visit the sea lions at Seal Island and make the most of any other wildlife viewing opportunities. Our adventure boat is ideal for getting up close to the islands where we will be spotting pelicans, ospreys, cormorants, terns and more. The cruise concludes on Penguin Island to see the penguin feeding and then enjoy some island time before returning on the ferry at your leisure.
* The exhilarating ride on our adventure boat! A 12 metre RHIB designed to provide a more direct connection between our passengers and the natural environment.
* Listening to the dolphins amazing clicks and whistles through our underwater microphone.
* Seeing rare Australian sea lions & and one of the largest pelican rookeries in WA.
* Visiting 'Aladdin’s Cave’ to view the fossilized remnants of ancient tuart forests.
* Live commentary from our friendly guides who will let you know exactly what the wildlife is up to!
* Exploring the nature trails and coastal look outs of Penguin Island. Look out for wild penguins, king skinks and hundreds of nesting sea birds on this unique island nature reserve.
* Swimming, snorkeling or just relax on beautiful white sand beaches
* 90 minute adventure cruise
* Return ferry transfers to Penguin Island
* Penguin feeding at 10.30am, 12.30 or 2.30pm
* Free time to swim, snorkel (bring your own equipment), picnic or explore the Island
* Our wild dolphin guarantee- if we don’t find dolphins on your cruise, you come again for free!
All prices are shown in AUD ($)
Good morning Annie, Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a great day out. On Penguin Island there is about 1200 wild penguins however by nature they do head out to see and fish for their food during the day. Not returning back to their nests until dusk. Inside the discovery centre you will have the chance to see 10 rescued penguins that are cared for daily by the rangers. These 10 penguins have been deemed unsuitable for release. The Australian Sea Lion is an amazingly interesting. Hauling it's self out on Sea Island for about 17-18 months making himself nice and fat for his long swim north to meet up with the ladies for breeding season. The larger the male the more attractive they are to the ladies. I hope you had a safe trip home and can visit again soon. Kind Regards Nadine
Good morning Kim, Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had the most amazing day. I hope you can visit again soon. Regards Nadine
Copyright © 2020 Bookme Limited.
When you see the Qualmark logo, your activity of choice is endorsed by New Zealand Tourism’s official quality assurance organisation and backed by leaders in the industry. It’s your trusted guide to iconic activities and experiences that are awarded for their exceptionally high level of quality, safety and sustainability.
This award identifies a business with a high level of professionalism, a keen awareness of the impact it has on the environment and a commitment to a customer centric approach.
This award is evidence of a sophisticated tourism business that consistently exceeds visitor expectations. Their proactive leadership and management ensure the business’s focus on continuously improving their economic, social and environmental performance to create genuine, constantly evolving and sustainable tourism experiences.
This award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand. It denotes exceptional customer experiences at the heart of everything the company does. This business is leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.