Experience the best of New Zealand's "coolest little capital" as you visit 10 hand-picked locations with our epic locally guided hop-on-hop-off city tour...
Wellington is New Zealand's vibrant capital city, brimming with life, oozing with character and boasting a wide array of fabulous sites and locations that are popular destinations for visitors and locals alike.
With so much to see and do, it's hard to know where to start - and that's where we come in! Take the stress out of planning and experience the best that Wellington has to offer with the ultimate flexibility on our epic hop-on hop-off guided city tour.
We've carefully hand-picked 10 epic locations to visit with a local guide who can tell you all about Wellington's unique culture, history and city life. Passes are valid for a full day, so you can hop off as many times as you like, and simply jump back on board the next available coach - it's that easy!
On a full circuit, we visit the following destinations:
1. iSITE Visitor Centre - the hub of the city where the tour begins. The City Gallery hosts month-long exhibitions exhibiting work from national and international artists.
2. Mt Victoria Lookout - Soak up amazing 360 degree views over Wellington city and beyond. This is the only scheduled 5-minute photo stop.
3. Wellington Zoo - Discover over 500 New Zealand native and endangered animals in a lush setting. Entry is $24 per adult (not included).
4. Cuba Quarter / Ghuznee Street - Visit the heart and soul of Bohemian Wellington, brimming with quirky characters, boutique shops, artsy cafes and even a chocolate factory.
5. Wellington Cable Car - An iconic landmark in Wellington, you can take in stunning views from the lookout and even visit the Cable Car Museum. Return ticket is $7.50 per adult (not included).
6. Zealandia - A must see eco-sanctuary set in a lush Forest, home to some of the worlds rarest and most extraordinary native birds, reptiles and insects. Entry is $17.50 per adult (not included but 10% discount applies on any Zealandia by Day tour)
7. Botanic Garden / Lady Norwood Rose Garden - Wellingtons stunning Botanic Gardens spread over 24 hectares and made up of native bush, exotic forests and colourful floral displays - a great place for a stroll.
8. Parliament / Old St Pauls Cathedral - Take a free tour of New Zealand's Parliament buildings including the Beehive and Edwardian Parliament House or check out the gothic style Old Street Pauls Cathedral.
9. Wellington Museum - A fantastic museum showcasing NZ history and voted one of the world's top 50 museums. Entry is free and guided tours are available.
10. Te Papa / Oriental Bay - Visit New Zealand's world-famous interactive national museum (entry is free), and then soak up the beauty of Oriental Parade with a walk along the golden sand beach.
Tour Departure: Tours depart and finish from the city i-SITE Visitor Centre bus stop at 145 Wakefield St opposite the Amora Hotel, starting at 9.30am, with the last Tour leaving at 2.30pm.
Please Note: The 2.30pm departure is the last tour on any given day and is a scenic route only. Hop-offs are unavailable unless scheduled as part of the tour, however, you are welcome to travel on the next day with your ticket for the full hop on/off experience.
All prices are shown in NZD ($)
Copyright © 2020 Bookme Limited.
When you see the Qualmark logo, your activity of choice is endorsed by New Zealand Tourism’s official quality assurance organisation and backed by leaders in the industry. It’s your trusted guide to iconic activities and experiences that are awarded for their exceptionally high level of quality, safety and sustainability.
This award identifies a business with a high level of professionalism, a keen awareness of the impact it has on the environment and a commitment to a customer centric approach.
This award is evidence of a sophisticated tourism business that consistently exceeds visitor expectations. Their proactive leadership and management ensure the business’s focus on continuously improving their economic, social and environmental performance to create genuine, constantly evolving and sustainable tourism experiences.
This award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand. It denotes exceptional customer experiences at the heart of everything the company does. This business is leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.