Experience the best of New Zealand's "coolest little capital" as you visit 10 hand-picked locations with our epic locally guided hop-on-hop-off city tour...
Wellington is New Zealand's vibrant capital city, brimming with life, oozing with character and boasting a wide array of fabulous sites and locations that are popular destinations for visitors and locals alike.
With so much to see and do, it's hard to know where to start - and that's where we come in! Take the stress out of planning and experience the best that Wellington has to offer with the ultimate flexibility on our epic hop-on hop-off guided city tour.
We've carefully hand-picked 10 epic locations to visit with a local guide who can tell you all about Wellington's unique culture, history and city life. Passes are valid for a full day, so you can hop off as many times as you like, and simply jump back on board the next available coach - it's that easy!
On a full circuit, we visit the following destinations:
1. iSITE Visitor Centre - the hub of the city where the tour begins. The City Gallery hosts month-long exhibitions exhibiting work from national and international artists.
2. Mt Victoria Lookout - Soak up amazing 360 degree views over Wellington city and beyond. This is the only scheduled 5-minute photo stop.
3. Wellington Zoo - Discover over 500 New Zealand native and endangered animals in a lush setting. Entry is $24 per adult (not included).
4. Cuba Quarter / Ghuznee Street - Visit the heart and soul of Bohemian Wellington, brimming with quirky characters, boutique shops, artsy cafes and even a chocolate factory.
5. Wellington Cable Car - An iconic landmark in Wellington, you can take in stunning views from the lookout and even visit the Cable Car Museum. Return ticket is $7.50 per adult (not included).
6. Zealandia - A must see eco-sanctuary set in a lush Forest, home to some of the worlds rarest and most extraordinary native birds, reptiles and insects. Entry is $17.50 per adult (not included but 10% discount applies on any Zealandia by Day tour)
7. Botanic Garden / Lady Norwood Rose Garden - Wellingtons stunning Botanic Gardens spread over 24 hectares and made up of native bush, exotic forests and colourful floral displays - a great place for a stroll.
8. Parliament / Old St Pauls Cathedral - Take a free tour of New Zealand's Parliament buildings including the Beehive and Edwardian Parliament House or check out the gothic style Old Street Pauls Cathedral.
9. Wellington Museum - A fantastic museum showcasing NZ history and voted one of the world's top 50 museums. Entry is free and guided tours are available.
10. Te Papa / Oriental Bay - Visit New Zealand's world-famous interactive national museum (entry is free), and then soak up the beauty of Oriental Parade with a walk along the golden sand beach.
Tour Departure: Tours depart and finish from the city i-SITE Visitor Centre bus stop at 145 Wakefield St opposite the Amora Hotel, starting at 9.30am, with the last Tour leaving at 2.30pm.
Please Note: The 2.30pm departure is the last tour on any given day and is a scenic route only. Hop-offs are unavailable unless scheduled as part of the tour, however, you are welcome to travel on the next day with your ticket for the full hop on/off experience.
All prices are shown in NZD ($)
Copyright © 2019 Bookme Limited.
Qualmark is the Tourism New Zealand's official quality assurance organisation.
To display a Qualmark symbol a business must meet strict environmental, sustainability and quality standards.
Businesses are awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold award depending on their performance against the Sustainable Tourism Business criterion.
To achieve a Bronze Award a tourism business must meet all Qualmark’s minimum standards contained in the Sustainable Tourism criteria. It identifies a business with a high level of professionalism, an awareness of the impact it has on the environment and a customer centric approach.
A Silver Award is evidence of a sophisticated tourism business that consistently exceeds visitor expectations. Proactive leadership and management ensure that a culture of high performance is evident throughout the entire business. The business will have a real focus on continuously improving their economic, social and environmental performance to ensure the tourism product they deliver is a genuine, constantly improving sustainable experience.
A Gold Award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand, with the delivery of exceptional customer experiences an integral part of everything they do. A Gold Sustainable Tourism Award identifies those businesses leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.