Airpoints™ Flexipay FAQs
1. What is Airpoints™ Flexipay?
Airpoints Flexipay is a form of payment which allows you to pay for a flight using a mix of Airpoints Dollars™ and cash. When booking a flight, if you find that you don't have enough Airpoints Dollars to pay for the entire cost of your airfare, you can use this payment method through airnz.co.nz or through the Air New Zealand contact centre.
2. Who can use Airpoints Flexipay?
Airpoints Flexipay is available to all New Zealand-based Airpoints members who meet the eligibility criteria. For more information, please refer to the Airpoints Flexipay terms and conditions.
3. How can I access Airpoints Flexipay?
You can make an Airpoints Flexipay booking through the Air New Zealand website or the Air New Zealand contact centre. When making your booking online, sign in to your Air New Zealand account and proceed through the booking flow as normal. The Airpoints Flexipay payment method will be shown on the 'Review and Pay' page when 'Use Airpoints Dollars' is selected.
4. What flights can I book with Airpoints Flexipay?
For details on flight eligibility, please refer to the Airpoints Flexipay terms and conditions.
5. Can I earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points when I book with Airpoints Flexipay?
Yes, when you use Airpoints Flexipay Airpoints Dollars and Status Points will be earned at 20% of the standard earn rates that apply to Air New Zealand and partner airline flights for all eligible flight bookings. For more information, please refer to the Airpoints Flexipay terms and conditions and our Airpoints calculator.
6. Can I use Airpoints Flexipay to make a flight booking for friends and family?
Yes, you'll just need to ensure that they are added to your Gifting Register first to be able to pay for their flight with your Airpoints Dollars.
7. Can I use Airpoints Flexipay to purchase other Airpoints awards, such as Koru membership?
No, at this stage Airpoints Flexipay can be used for new flight bookings only.
8. Can Shairpoints be used in conjunction with Airpoints Flexipay?
Yes, you can use your Shairpoints balance if you are enabled as a Spender on the account. For more information, please visit the Shairpoints page.
9. Can I use my Airpoints for Business balance to purchase a flight with Airpoints Flexipay?
No, at this stage an Airpoints for Business member cannot use their Airpoints for Business balance to purchase a flight with Airpoints Flexipay.
10. Why is there a minimum and maximum Airpoints Dollar amount required to use Airpoints Flexipay?
The minimum and maximum Airpoints Dollar requirement forms part of the eligibility criteria and is subject to change. To be able to make an Airpoints Flexipay booking your available Airpoints Dollar balance must be at least 20% of the total cost of the airfare. For example, if the total airfare is NZD $100, you will need to have at least 20 Airpoints Dollars in your available balance.
There is a maximum of 90% payable in Airpoints Dollars. If you wish to pay with 100% of Airpoints Dollars, please select the 'Airpoints' tab.
11. Why is there an additional cost to use Airpoints Flexipay?
There is a cost associated with using Airpoints Flexipay due to the impact of mixing payment types, and this amount will vary based on the route flown and the value of Airpoints Dollars contributed towards the total airfare cost.
Airpoints Flexipay bookings do not incur credit card fees, and unlike normal Airpoints Dollar airfare redemptions, this form of payment allows you to continue to earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points on eligible flights.