2017 Airpoints™ for Schools journeys
Thanks to the generosity of our Airpoints™ members, we are thrilled to announce that all schools that participated in this year's Airpoints for Schools programme have met their targets early.
Stay tuned as we follow each school's journey.
- The entire Maheno School will visit Wellington's Te Papa museum, to view the Maheno display at the Gallipoli exhibition, and learn more about the origin and significance of this relic.
- A group of Auckland students will be flying to Gisborne to compete for the first prize in the National Primary Schools Kapa Haka competition.
- A group of Otamarakau students will be travelling to Queenstown for a leadership camp, with a focus on tourism and careers.
- The senior class of a small, rural school will be visiting Weta Workshops and Capital E in Wellington, to see how their digital training can open future career pathways.
- A group of rural Southland students will be broadening their horizons in the big city of Melbourne, through an exchange with its sister school.
- A group of Rosehill students will attend the Special Olympics National Summer Games in Wellington, to compete in athletics and basketball.
- Waiharara School will experience their first plane trip and travel to the South Island to see snow, hunt greenstone and experience the various mountains and lakes.
- Gisborne students will travel to Christchurch to understand the impact of earthquakes and learn about protecting natural resources and sea life.