Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Platinum Mastercard®
Time to upgrade yourself to platinum
Get a new Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Platinum Mastercard® and enjoy 300 bonus Airpoints Dollars for your next trip, when you spend at least NZD $2,000 in the first three months on eligible purchases*. Offer ends 30 April 2018. Apply now using promo code NZ300.
- The best Status Point earn rate in the market
- Earn two single-entry Air New Zealand Lounge passes when you spend over $20,000 on your card on eligible purchases in each year
- Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance for you, your spouse and your kids if they’re travelling with you1. Age restrictions apply
Earning Airpoints Dollars™
- You’ll earn 1 Status Point for every $200 you spend on eligible purchases
- You’ll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar™ for every:
- $75 spent on eligible purchases, or
- $65 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand
- Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back, or Airpoints Dollars Top-Ups
- 1 Airpoints Dollar is equal to $1 when purchasing any Air New Zealand flight2. You can also use your Airpoints Dollars for rental cars or shopping in the Airpoints™ store
- Your Airpoints Dollars will never expire, as long as you have a current card and you’re th nominated earner
- If you aren’t already an Airpoints™ member, we’ll sign you up when your Airpoints credit card is approved
Airpoints Dollars Advance
Get access to up to 200 extra Airpoints Dollars in advance.
Monthly prize draws
Monthly prize draw of bonus Airpoints Dollars - as long as you’ve used your card that month, you’re automatically in the draw. Terms and conditions apply.
Airpoints Dollars Top-Up
Buy additional Airpoints Dollars online for a fee with Airpoints Dollars Top-Up.
Air New Zealand Lounge passes
Earn two complimentary single-entry Air New Zealand Lounge passes for every $20,000 spent on your card in each year.
Get 24-hour access to the exclusive Mastercard Concierge service.
Each cardholder will get a Koru membership discount - no joining fee, plus get $145 off the annual fee.
Rates and fees
- 20.95% p.a. purchase interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change)
- 22.95% p.a. cash advance interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change)
- Up to 44 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers
- 5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments – whichever is greater
- $75 account fee every six months
- $15 fee for a joint or additional cardholder every six months
- Other fees apply
- Kiwbank lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions apply
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
Also check out
Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Mastercard
There’s nothing standard about this card - you’ll be in the air before you know it. Find out more about the Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Mastercard.
* Bonus Airpoints Dollars offer: Lending criteria, terms and other fees apply. Offer applies for all successful applications submitted on or before 30 April 2018. Offer not available on transfers from an existing Air New Zealand Airpoints credit card or if you have had one in the last 12 months. Offer only available once per customer. Bonus Airpoints Dollars will be added to the Airpoints account of the primary cardholder. Eligible purchases excludes fees or interest, balance transfers, cash advances or withdrawals and certain other spend.
1 Your Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance is arranged by Kiwibank and provided by TOWER Insurance Limited and TOWER Insurance Limited is solely responsible for any claims under the policy.
2 An "Air New Zealand flight" means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights including across the Tasman with Virgin Australia - view the full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable third party taxes, levies or surcharges can’t be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards. Airpoints terms and conditions apply. Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.