Accessing bookings online
Bookings that can be accessed online
For your booking to be available online, it must:
- Have been created through the Government portal (not through a Travel Agent or the Air New Zealand website)
- Be electronically ticketed
- Include travel still to be taken in one or both directions
- Have 9 or fewer travellers
- Not have been changed previously
Can my booking be changed online?
Yes, fares purchased on the Government website can be changed online.
Can my booking be cancelled online?
Bookings for domestic and international travel may be cancelled online, subject to the following considerations:
- All fares (that have been booked through the Government portal) may be cancelled within 24 hours from the booking being created with no penalty. After this period, the below conditions apply
- Flexi fares fares may be cancelled up until departure
- Pacific Flexi fares for travel between 10 December and 15 January cannot be cancelled online
- If your flight is close to departure it may not be available for cancelling online
- A booking must be cancelled in full, i.e. both the outbound and return flights if a round trip
- Only bookings that contain all fully flexible fares can be cancelled online. For bookings that contain a smart saver fare, these should be cancelled by calling the Government Service Centre
When cancelling online, cancelled bookings that are entitled to a refund will be made to the Travelcard used for the original payment. For further assistance, please call us on 0800 199 111.