Terms & Conditions
- Fares may be changed to another Air New Zealand domestic fare before or after departure. Additional payments (if applicable) include:
- No service fee applies to changes made online using the Government Service Centre website*
- When calling the Government Service Centre to make a change, a service fee of NZD $10 per person, per one-way journey will apply
- When calling the Contact Centre, Air New Zealand Holidays Store or airport service fee of NZD $30 per person, per one-way journey will apply
- Where a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare, the difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare is payable
- No service fees or fare difference will apply to flight changes made at the airport on the day of departure where changing to an earlier or later flight** departing that day. Flight changes are subject to seat availability. All other changes will be subject to the above service fees plus any Fare Difference
- flexidate fares are fully refundable up until departure (unless previously upgraded from a Smart Saver fare when the amount paid for the Smart Saver fare remains non-refundable)
- Cancellations made after departure will incur a $50 refund fee per person, per one-way journey
- Full refund of unused tickets in the event of death of the passenger or his/her immediate family or any person booked to accompany the passenger
- Name changes are not permitted
- No earning of Airpoints Dollars™ with Air New Zealand or other frequent flyer points or miles with any of our partner airlines, however they are eligible for Status Points
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (free of charge for domestic New Zealand flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the applicable adult fare level
- flexidate fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- May only be combined with other domestic New Zealand fares
- May not be combined with international fares unless booked in Y class
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees
Note: changes to limited life sale fares once sales have expired are only permitted by paying the difference to upgrade to a higher fare.
* Online changes permitted only if original booking was made online. Please note not all bookings are able to be accessed online.
** With the same origin and destination within New Zealand only. Please note that we are unable to change your flight if you have already checked in your baggage for your scheduled flight.