Terms and conditions
- Fully refundable if cancelled within 24 hours of the booking being created. After this period tickets are non refundable.
- Fares may be changed up to the day before departure to another Air New Zealand Domestic fare. Additional payments (if applicable) include:
- no service fee applies to changes made online using the Government Service Centre website*
- when calling the Government Service Centre to make a change a service fee of NZD $10 per person, per one-way journey will apply
- when calling the Contact Centre, Air New Zealand Holidays Store or airport service fee of NZD $30 per person, per one-way journey will apply
- a change fee of NZD $40 per person, per ticket (infant fares exempt)
- any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
Note: changes to limited life sale fares once sales have expired are only permitted by paying the difference to upgrade to a higher class fare plus the change fee of NZD $40.
- If you upgrade to a Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fare and later cancel the ticket, only the difference between the original fare booked and the upgraded fare is eligible for refund
- Online changes permitted only if original booking is made online and must be completed at least 24 hours prior to departure. Please note - not all bookings are able to be accessed online.
- Full refund of unused tickets in the event of death of the passenger or his/her immediate family or any person booked to accompany the passenger.
- Name changes are not permitted.
- No earning of Airpoints Dollars™ with Air New Zealand flights booked in F class or other frequent flyer points or miles with any of our partner airlines, however they are eligible for Status Points.
- grabaseat™ greenlight fares booked in F class do not permit:
- Seat request. Your seat(s) will be allocated at the airport before departure (when seat changes may also be requested). Airpoints Gold, Gold Elite and Koru members may seat request as normal.
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (free of charge for domestic New Zealand flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the applicable adult fare level
- grabaseat™ fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- may only be combined with other domestic New Zealand fares
- may not be combined with international fares
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees.