Smart Saver and Virgin Australia Getaway fares
Terms & conditions
- Fully refundable if cancelled within 24 hours of the booking being created. After this period tickets are non refundable.
- Tickets not transferable to another person Name changes are not permitted.
- Tasman & Pacific Island Smart Saver fares may be changed right up to departure to another Air New Zealand Tasman or Pacific¹ fare. Fare upgrade will apply. Additional payments (if applicable) include:
- when calling the Government Service Centre to make a change, a service fee of NZD $15 per person, per one-way journey will apply
- when calling the Contact Centre, Air New Zealand Holidays Store or Airport service fee of NZD $35 ($60 for Honolulu & Bali) per person, per one way journey for changes made from within New Zealand. Note - if making changes from outside of New Zealand, you will be charged the local service fee applicable in the country you're calling from
- a change fee of NZD $80 per person, per ticket (infant fares exempt)
- Note - Change Fee waived if upgrading to Business Class cabin.
- any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
- product upgrade amount on our Seats to Suit service
- If you upgrade to a Flexi or Business Class fare and later cancel the ticket, only the difference between the original fare booked and the upgraded fare is eligible for refund
- Airpoints™ members can earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points.
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (10% of the applicable adult fare (exclusive of fees & airport & government costs) for international flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the adult fare level.
- Smart Saver fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows: Tasman Smart Saver fares
- for international travel may only be combined with other Tasman Smart Saver, Flexi or Business Class fares
- may not be combined with domestic New Zealand Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fares. Domestic New Zealand add-on fares are available for travel within New Zealand in combination with Tasman Smart Saver fares
- for international travel may only be combined with other Pacific Smart Saver, Flexi Saver, Flexi or Business Class fares
- may not be combined with domestic New Zealand Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fares. Domestic New Zealand add-on fares are available for travel within New Zealand in combination with Pacific Smart Saver fares
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made via Tandem Travel will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey
¹ Pacific fares include the Cook Islands, Fiji, Honolulu, Niue, Norfolk Island, Samoa, Tahiti, Tonga, Vanuatu and New Caledonia.