Vivid Sydney Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the conditions of entry. Entry
into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over (“Eligible Persons”). Air
New Zealand (the “Promoter”), Destination New South Wales, its employees and their
immediate families, participating agents and their associated agencies are ineligible to enter.
The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
3. Conditions of Entry - How to Enter:
(i) Entry in to the Win a trip for two to Vivid Sydney competition requires an Eligible Person to
visit www.airnewzealand.co.nz/here-now-sydney-win and watch the Sydney video and
correctly answer the stated question related to the video content and register their details
on the AirNew Zealand website. This will give the eligible participant one entry into the
draw. Where the eligible participant completes their entry and shares the Vivid Sydney
competition on their Facebook page they will receive one additional entry into the
4. Each eligible person may enter the competition once only. Only one additional entry is available
for those who share their entry on Facebook. The Promoters will remove duplicate entries with
the first entry being the only valid entry.
5. Promotion commences 00:05am Monday, 25 February 2019 and closes 11:59pm Saturday, 30 March 2019 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries received after this closing time will be ineligible for entry.
6. The winner of the Promotion will be selected by random on Tuesday, 2 April 2019. Attempts will
be made to notify the winner by phone or email at the contact telephone number/email address
provided at the time of the promotion entry. If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is
unable to contact the winner prior to 5pm Monday, 8 April 2019, then the prize is forfeited and
an alternative winner will be selected at random. The Promoter's decision is final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner will receive the following prize:
• Return ‘The Works’ airfares for two (2) people (travelling together) from any Air New Zealand
domestic services airport to Sydney with Air New Zealand.
• Three (3) nights twin share accommodation at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
• Transfers between the hotel and Sydney airport for two (2) people
• Tickets to two (2) people for Vivid Climb with Bridgeclimb Sydney, and a Captain Cook Vivid
8. Prize must be redeemed for travel on one of the following three dates; 26 to 30 May 2019; or
2 to 6 June 2019; or 9 to 13 June 2019. Winners must confirm chosen travel dates within 7
days of acceptance of prize. Travel dates are not changeable.
9. Travel is not permitted to commence from any origin point outside of New Zealand.
Stopovers or stopovers within transit are not permitted. Prize winners must travel together
on the same flights in both directions. Prize is non-transferable, exchangeable or redeemable
for cash and is available on Air New Zealand operated services only. Employees of Air New
Zealand and/or Destination New South Wales and their immediate family are not eligible for
entry. Seats are limited and are subject to availability. Travel during New Zealand Public or
School Holidays, or large events, is not permitted. Travel dates apply as stated in clause 8.
10. The winner is responsible for all costs associated with the prize that are not specifically
included in the prize (as stated in this clause 7), including (where applicable) Visas, transport,
meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. The winner is also
responsible for all necessary travel documents, including valid passports, travel visas and
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components),
with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
13. All prize travel will be subject to Air New Zealand’s Conditions of Carriage, to view visit
www.airnz.co.nz. Prize travel will not be eligible to accrue Airpoints Dollars™ or Status Points
and cannot be used in conjunction with Air New Zealand’s Airpoints™ Programme or any
other carriers’ frequent flyer schemes.
14. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction
or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility
for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or
resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion. Entries into
this promotion will be stored only in the Air New Zealand booking database.
15. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be
liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or
consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either
participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
16. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If
the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the
promotion. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner’s
details and photographs for promotional and media purposes without any further reference,
payment or other compensation to the entrant. Please refer to Air New Zealand’s Privacy
Policy at www.airnz.co.nz/privacy_policy.htm regarding the storage of personal information.
17. The Promoter of this competition is Air New Zealand Limited, Private Bag 92007, Auckland,
18. All prizes shall be subject to the terms and conditions of use issued by the prize provider.
The Promoter accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered in connection
with the availability, provision or use of these prizes.
19. Entrants must not have any criminal convictions nor anything else that may restrict them
from entering Australia. The Promoter and Destination New South Wales will not be
responsible for any issues whatsoever related to entry into Australia and disclaims all
liability and responsibility for any issues, costs or expenses associated therewith.
20. Accommodation is based on two people sharing a room on a twin share or double basis. The prize
winner and companion must travel together in both directions. Compliance with terms and
conditions of the prize elements i.e. Bridgeclimb, Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney and Captain
21. The prize package is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any unused
portion of the package is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or
services and cannot be taken as cash.
22. No compensation will be payable if the prize winner, or their travel companions, are unable to use
any element of the package as stated for whatever reason, including participation in certain
activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons.
23. All components of the prize package must be taken together. Any element of the prize package not
taken will be deemed to be forfeited.
24. Hotel accommodation, touring and transfers will be coordinated by the Destination New South
Wales. Accommodation and travel is subject to booking, accommodation and flight availability.
Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at
the cost of the prize winner.
25. No changes will be allowed within 21 days of departure - 100% cancellation fee applies. Travel
suppliers to be chosen at Destination New South Wales’s discretion.
26. Travel Insurance is not included in the prize package. It is highly recommended the prize winner
purchases their own travel insurance.