Lounge Only membership trial terms and conditions
1.1 The Lounge Only membership trial is an exclusive trial for a membership offered by Air New Zealand to a selected group of Airpoints™ Members.
1.2 By applying for the Lounge Only membership trial, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which govern membership to the Lounge Only membership trial.
1.3 Membership to the Lounge Only membership trial is not interchangeable with Koru Programme membership or membership to any other programme or club.
1.4 We draw your attention to the following provisions in these Terms and Conditions:
- Your Lounge Only membership Fee is non-refundable (paragraph 3.1)
- We will send you email communications (paragraph 4)
- We may vary the Lounge Only Benefit and Lounge Only Membership Fees from time to time (paragraph 8)
- In certain circumstances we may terminate your Lounge Only membership (paragraph 9)
- We limit our liability to you in respect of your Lounge Only membership (paragraph 10)
2.1 Applicants for Lounge Only membership must have been sent the Lounge Only membership trial email invitation, and provide their Airpoints number, full name and contact details to the Koru contact centre team at Air New Zealand together with payment of the Lounge Only Membership Fee. We reserve the right to accept or decline any application for Lounge Only membership. If your application is declined, your Membership Fee and Joining Fee will be refunded. If we accept your application, we will issue you with a Lounge Only Membership Card on which your name and Lounge Only Membership number (Airpoints number) will be printed.
2.2 A Lounge Only Member may only hold one type of Lounge Only or Koru Membership at any one time. Membership of Lounge Only is personal to the Lounge Only Member and is not transferable to any other person.
3.1 The Lounge Only membership Fee is non-refundable. For example, if a Lounge Only Member becomes an Airpoints Gold or Elite Member during the term of their Lounge Only membership, and decides to terminate their current Lounge Only membership, the Lounge Only Member’s Membership Fee will not be refunded.
4.1 By providing us with your email address, you consent to us sending you commercial email communications including Lounge Only and Airpoints Communications, Special Offers, and Partner Communications.
5.1 Lounge Only Members will be asked to present their Lounge Only membership card, upon request, to staff administering Lounges, in order to access and enjoy the Lounge Only Benefit. If a Lounge Only Member fails to present their Lounge Only membership card they will be refused access to Lounge facilities.
5.2 Each Lounge Only membership card is only valid for use by the person named as the Lounge Only Member on the Lounge Only membership card. The Lounge Only membership card must not be used by any other person.
5.3 Lounge Only Members must not use or present their Lounge Only membership card at any Air New Zealand Lounge facility after the date of expiry, termination or revocation of their Lounge Only membership.
5.4 Each Lounge Only membership card remains the property of Air New Zealand and Lounge Only Members must return their Lounge Only membership card to Air New Zealand upon our request and/or on termination of their Lounge Only membership. Lounge Only Members must notify Air New Zealand as soon as possible if their Lounge Only membership card is lost or stolen. We will charge a fee for the replacement of Lounge Only membership cards.
6.1 Lounge Only Members are able to access and enjoy the Lounge Only Benefit of selected access to Air New Zealand Lounge facilities as part of their Lounge Only membership. Children under 2 years of age may accompany the Lounge Only Member on a complimentary basis. We will vary, change and update the Lounge Only Benefits available to Lounge Only Members from time to time. Visit our website for a list of up to date Lounge Only Benefit.
6.2 You acknowledge that your application for Lounge Only membership is on the basis that Lounge Only Benefit/s will change from time to time.
6.3 Currently the Lounge Only Benefit is selected access to Air New Zealand Lounges in accordance with the requirements of paragraphs 9 and 12 of these Terms and Conditions.
7.1 Visit the Air New Zealand Lounges page on our website for an up to date list of Air New Zealand Lounges.
7.2 Lounge Only Members may only access an Air New Zealand Lounge if each of the following criteria are met:
- The Lounge Only Member’s access to an Air New Zealand Lounge is directly prior to, for a stay of up to 4 hours and on the same day as the Lounge Only Member’s departure on a flight (with an Air New Zealand ticket and flight number) and the Air New Zealand Lounge is located in the same airport terminal as the Lounge Only Member’s flight;
- The Lounge Only Member must be departing on an Air New Zealand operated aircraft (if they wish to access an Air New Zealand Lounge or Lounge Only Express);
- The Lounge Only Member must not be travelling on a ticket that prohibits access to an Air New Zealand Lounge
- The Lounge Only Member must be able to present, upon request, their Lounge Only membership card and their boarding pass for an Air New Zealand flight number to the staff administering the Air New Zealand Lounge;
- The Lounge Only Member must meet the minimum dress standard as reasonably determined by the staff administering the Air New Zealand Lounge;
- The Lounge Only Member is not and does not become intoxicated, disruptive or act inappropriately or offensively, as reasonably determined by the staff administering the Air New Zealand Lounge; and
- The Lounge Only Member must not remove any food or beverage from any Air New Zealand Lounge
7.3 Lounge Only Members must leave an Air New Zealand Lounge if asked to do so by any staff member administering the Air New Zealand Lounge. Staff members may ask a Lounge Only Member to leave an Air New Zealand Lounge if they reasonably consider that the behaviour of the Lounge Only Member is:
- offensive, disruptive, or inappropriate;
- in breach of lounge dress criteria;
- not compliant with reasonable lounge staff requests; or
- displaying signs of intoxication
7.4 People under the legal drinking age will be restricted from accessing self-service bars.
8.1 From time to time, we may vary the type of Lounge Only membership available, the Membership Fee and the Membership Benefit/s. For example, we may discontinue the availability of certain Air New Zealand Lounges. From time to time, we may publish new fare types which may not permit access to lounges. Whilst we will endeavour to provide valuable Lounge Only Benefit/s to Lounge Only Members, we will need to review, update and change the types of Lounge Only Benefit/s available from time to time. Changes to Membership Benefit/s may reflect, for example, changes in the availability of airport space; changes in our partnership arrangements with other airline carriers; changes in our route network; and changes in the demand for lounge access at different destinations.
8.2 We may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by updating the Lounge Only Terms and Conditions on our website.
9.1 Lounge Only Members may terminate their Lounge Only membership at any time by providing notice in writing to Air New Zealand and returning their Lounge Only membership card to Air New Zealand. Lounge Only Members who terminate their Lounge Only membership are not entitled to a refund of their Lounge Only Membership Fee.
9.2 Air New Zealand may terminate or suspend a Lounge Only Member’s Lounge Only Membership or cancel or suspend a Lounge Only Member’s access to Lounge Only Benefit/s if we reasonably believe that the Lounge Only Member has:
- abused, misused or obtained by any misrepresentation any Lounge Only Benefit/s or other facilities or arrangements provided by or in connection with the Lounge Only Membership trial;
- behaved in a manner which Air New Zealand reasonably considers to be unacceptable while using any Lounge Only Benefit/s or other facilities, services, or arrangements provided by or in connection with the Lounge Only Membership trial;
- acted in any way that is detrimental to the interests of Air New Zealand or the Lounge Only Membership trial; or
- provided any incorrect or misleading information to Air New Zealand in connection with their application for or membership to the Lounge Only Membership.
9.3 Lounge Only membership will automatically terminate on the death or bankruptcy of a Lounge Only Member.
9.4 If we decide to discontinue the Lounge Only membership trial we may terminate Lounge Only memberships by giving Lounge Only Members 3 months' written notice.
9.5 If we cease to operate as an airline, we may terminate Lounge Only membership any time without notice.
10.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law, Air New Zealand shall not be liable (in negligence, tort, breach of contract or otherwise) for any direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss, arising out of or in connection with:
- our variation of Lounge Only Benefit/s from time to time;
- our variation to these Terms and Conditions from time to time;
- the suspension to or termination of a Lounge Only Member’s Lounge Only membership trial;
- a Lounge Only Member’s use of or ability (or inability) to access any Lounge Only Benefits;
- Lounge Only Member access to (or inability to access) and use any Air New Zealand Lounges
10.2 Many of the Lounge Only Benefit/s available to Lounge Only Members are provided by third party entities with which Air New Zealand has made arrangements but over which Air New Zealand has no control. You maintain full responsibility for your dealings with third parties and your use of any Lounge Only Benefit that is provided by a third party.
12.1 Any notice given by us to a Lounge Only Member pursuant to these Terms and will be deemed to have been given and received by the Lounge Only Member if we email the notice to the Lounge Only Member at the last email address provided by the Lounge Only Member to Air New Zealand.
12.2 You must promptly notify Air New Zealand either online through your signed in Air New Zealand account, in person at a Lounge Only Lounge, or in writing or by phone of any change of address or contact details. Any name change by a Member must be notified to Air New Zealand in writing together with proof of the name change.
13.1 We have no responsibility for any tax liabilities or other levies or duties that may be imposed on any Lounge Only Member arising from their Lounge Only membership. Air New Zealand gives no warranty or assurance in relation to such tax liabilities or other levies or duties or the tax-deductibility of the Membership Fee. Lounge Only Members should seek their own advice on such matters. Lounge Only Members will not be provided with a tax invoice if they pay for their Lounge Only Membership using Airpoints Dollars™.
14.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. You and Air New Zealand consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with any legal action that may arise in relation to your Lounge Only membership and or your use of Lounge Only Membership Benefits.
15.1 Additional information about the Lounge Only membership may be found on the Air New Zealand website. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time, shall prevail.
15.2 The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ) shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions in respect of Lounge Only Memberships acquired and or used for the purpose of business.
16.1 In these Terms and Conditions:
"Air New Zealand", "we" or "us" means Air New Zealand Limited.
"Air New Zealand Lounge" means Air New Zealand operated and branded lounges and includes Air New Zealand domestic lounges, Air New Zealand regional lounges and also includes Lounge Only Express facilities operated by Air New Zealand, the locations and characteristics of which will vary from time to time in accordance with the Lounge Directory which is published on our website and updated from time to time.
"Airpoints" means the Airpoints customer loyalty programme operated by Air New Zealand.
"Lounge Only Benefits" means the benefits, facilities, arrangements and services that are made available to Lounge Only Members from time to time by or on behalf of Air New Zealand, the locations and characteristics of which will vary from time to time in accordance with the list of Lounge Only Benefits which is published on our website and updated from time to time.
"Lounge Only membership card" means the card issued to Lounge Only Members by Air New Zealand to evidence the Lounge Only Member's membership to the Lounge Only Membership.
"Lounge Only Member" means a person who has applied for and has been accepted as a Lounge Only Member of the Lounge Only membership; who has paid the applicable Lounge Only Membership Fee; who has been issued with a Lounge Only membership card; whose Lounge Only membership is current; and whose Membership has not been suspended, terminated or revoked.
"Lounge Only membership" means the domestic and regional air traveller’s trial membership operated by Air New Zealand to provide Lounge Only Benefit to Lounge Only Members.
"Membership Fee" means the membership fee payable to Air New Zealand by applicants for Lounge Only membership trial as payment for the Lounge Only membership trial, in the monetary amount specified on our email.
"You" means the person named as applying for a Lounge Only membership; and/or the person whose name is embossed on a Lounge Only membership card.