Book Rental Cars
Alert Level 2 - All regions excluding Auckland
The New Zealand Government has announced all regions (excluding Auckland) are now at Alert Level 2.
All Avis, Budget and Apex locations will open to allow you to book, collect or return a vehicle. However, due to various travel restrictions defined by the New Zealand Government, some of our locations may have reduced operating hours.
Please be advised these conditions are subject to change based on advice from the New Zealand government.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us.
Alert Level 4 - Auckland
The New Zealand Government has extended the Level 4 lockdown for Auckland until 11:59pm Tuesday 14 September.
Avis, Budget and Apex Locations will remain closed but continue to provide vehicles by appointment only, to limited essential services as defined by the New Zealand government.
Customers who currently have a vehicle are encouraged to keep the vehicle for the duration of the level 4 lockdown, however contactless returns can be arranged at select rental locations. If you would like to arrange a return, please get in touch with the Contact Centre.
Customers are able to make reservations after the lockdown ceases pending any changes on advice from the New Zealand government.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us:
Update your car booking
Frequently asked questions
Who can I contact to help with my rental car booking or make a new booking?
How do I pay for my rental car using Airpoints Dollars?
How do I cancel a booking and receive a refund?
What is the Price Match Guarantee and how does it work?
How do I get the best Airpoints Dollars earn rate on my car rental?
What is Excess and how does it work?
Are there kilometres restrictions/limits on daily travel when I rent?
Will I be charged a booking, change or cancellation fee?
Is standard insurance included on international bookings?
What happens to my rental car booking when I have a change to my flight?
I did not receive my booking confirmation email how can I get one?
How do I earn Airpoints Dollars?
How do I add my Airpoints number to my rental car booking?
I did not receive my Airpoints Dollars, what do I do?
How do I access Fly + Drive Rates?
Special Offer Terms and Conditions
General - these terms are applicable to all special offers.
1. When provided specified Coupon or Discount codes must be included at time of booking.
2. Special offers are only available when booking from the www.airnewzealand.carrental.com booking website with the exclusion of Fly + Drive rates which are only accessible when adding a rental car on the 'Extras' page when booking a flight.
3. Offer is valid on all car groups unless otherwise specified, subject to availability.
4. Offer applies to rentals booked during promotional dates with travel commencing after and completing before specified travel period.
5. Discounts are recalculated and finalised at time of rental, applicable on time and kilometre charges only and subject to all terms and conditions being met. Discount does not apply to fees for optional extras (such as special equipment, additional drivers, optional coverage, pre-paid fuel, etc.) nor to mandatory taxes, young driver surcharges, premium location fees, pay on return fuel charges, one-way fees, accident, damage or theft processing fees.
6. All rentals may be subject to additional surcharges for one-way journeys and voluntary options.
7. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, coupon, loyalty programme or promotion including local branch specials. Cannot be used with contracted, corporate, government, chauffeur drive, industry, tour operator or other net rates.
8. Unless otherwise specified offers are not valid bookings paid for with Airpoints Dollars.
9. Renter must meet applicable age, driver's license and credit card requirements for the rental location they wish to rent from.
10. Not transferable. Not refundable. An advance reservation is required.
11. Standard Avis/Budget rental terms and conditions apply.
12. Unless otherwise cited bookings paid for with Airpoints Dollars are ineligible for offers requiring Avis Discount (AWD) and Budget Discount (BCD) codes.
13. All promotional offers advertised on this website are correct at time of publishing, however Avis, Budget, Apex and Air New Zealand reserve all rights to modify, amend or withdraw any promotion offer advertised at any time, without further notice.
In addition to the above, these terms and conditions specific to these offers apply:
Fly + Drive Rates
Fly + Drive Rates are available at participating locations in all countries that Air NZ and our partners fly with Avis and/or Budget locations, except for the Pacific Islands nations, Cambodia, China, Korea, Myanmar, and Avis Japan, Sri Lanka and Thailand. As at the time of booking, and excluding any promotional offers, this offer is only available when booking your car with your flight from Step 3 (Extras) of Flight Booking. This rate cannot be combined with any other offers.