Smart Saver Fares
Smart Saver fares are non-refundable, but you can make changes to your flights by paying a change penalty plus service fees and any difference in fare if a fare upgrade is required. See below for change restrictions.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are non refundable and not transferable to another person
- Tasman & Pacific Island Smart Saver fares may be changed right up to departure to another Air New Zealand Tasman or Pacific¹ fare. Fare upgrade may apply. Additional payments include:
- a Contact Centre, or Airport service fee of NZ$35 (NZ$60 for Honolulu & Bali) per person, per one way journey for changes made from within New Zealand. Note - if making changes from outside of New Zealand, you will be charged the local service fee applicable in the country you're calling from
- a change fee of NZ$100 per person, per ticket (infant fares exempt)
Note - Change Fee waived if upgrading to Premium Economy or Business Class cabin
- any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
- product upgrade amount on our Seats to Suit service
- If you upgrade from a Smart Saver fare to a Flexi fare and later cancel the ticket, only the difference between the original fare booked and the upgraded fare is eligible for refund
- Airpoints™ members are eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points when travelling on Smart Saver fares. See the earning rates look up table.
- Smart Saver fares do not permit earning of other frequent flyer points or miles with any of our partner airlines or the purchase of Companion Tickets using Airpoints Dollars.
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (10% of the applicable adult fare (exclusive of fees & airport & government costs) for international flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the adult fare level. Note: If an infant turns 2 years of age at any point of the journey the infant must occupy a seat and purchase an adult fare for that leg of the journey.
- Smart Saver fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- Tasman Smart Saver fares
- for international travel may only be combined with other Tasman Smart Saver or Flexi fares
- may not be combined with domestic New Zealand Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fares. Domestic New Zealand add-on fares are available for travel within New Zealand in combination with Tasman Smart Saver fares
- Islands Smart Saver fares
- for international travel may only be combined with other Pacific Smart Saver, Flexi Saver or Flexi fares
- may not be combined with domestic New Zealand Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fares. Domestic New Zealand add-on fares are available for travel within New Zealand in combination with Pacific Smart Saver fares
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through an Air New Zealand Contact Centre or via Tandem Travel will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey
¹ Islands fares include Honolulu, Bali, Tahiti, the Cook Islands, Fiji, Niue, Norfolk Island, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu and New Caledonia.
² Flights booked in conjunction with Airpoints reward classes (x,i), and travel industry classes (n,r) and free tickets, prize competition tickets and tickets purchased using Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Status Points or credit towards tier status.
See the Airpoints™ Terms and Conditions for full programme details.