Smart Saver fares are non-refundable, but you can make changes to your flights by paying a change penalty plus service fees and any difference in fare if a fare upgrade is required. See below for change restrictions.
All Smart Saver fares are eligible to earn both Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points², see the earning rates look up table^.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are non refundable and not transferable to another person
- Tasman & Pacific Island Smart Saver fares may be changed right up to departure to another Air New Zealand Tasman or Pacific¹ fare. Fare upgrade may apply. Additional payments include:
- a Contact Centre, or Airport service fee of NZ$35 (NZ$60 for Honolulu & Bali) per person, per one way journey for changes made from within New Zealand. Note - if making changes from outside of New Zealand, you will be charged the local service fee applicable in the country you're calling from
- a change fee of NZ$100 per person, per ticket (infant fares exempt)
Note - Change Fee waived if upgrading to Premium Economy or Business Class cabin
- any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
- product upgrade amount on our Seats to Suit service
- If you upgrade from a Smart Saver fare to a Flexi fare and later cancel the ticket, only the difference between the original fare booked and the upgraded fare is eligible for refund
- Airpoints™ members are eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points when travelling on Smart Saver fares. See the earning rates look up table.
- Smart Saver fares do not permit earning of other frequent flyer points or miles with any of our partner airlines or the purchase of Companion Tickets using Airpoints Dollars.
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (10% of the applicable adult fare (exclusive of fees & airport & government costs) for international flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the adult fare level. Note: If an infant turns 2 years of age at any point of the journey the infant must occupy a seat and purchase an adult fare for that leg of the journey.
- Smart Saver fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- Tasman Smart Saver fares
- for international travel may only be combined with other Tasman Smart Saver or Flexi fares
- may not be combined with domestic New Zealand Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fares. Domestic New Zealand add-on fares are available for travel within New Zealand in combination with Tasman Smart Saver fares
- Islands Smart Saver fares
- for international travel may only be combined with other Pacific Smart Saver, Flexi Saver or Flexi fares
- may not be combined with domestic New Zealand Smart Saver or Flexi Plus fares. Domestic New Zealand add-on fares are available for travel within New Zealand in combination with Pacific Smart Saver fares
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through an Air New Zealand Contact Centre or via Tandem Travel will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey