Build your ultimate Taranaki trip terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. The Promoter is Air New Zealand. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, participating agents and their associated agencies are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
3. To enter, an eligible participant must complete the Ultimate Taranaki trip entry form at airnewzealand.co.nz/win-taranaki-trip. This will give the eligible participant one entry into the draw.
4. Promotion commences 12:01am 12 February 2020 and closes 11:59pm 26 February 2020. Entries received after this closing time will be ineligible for entry.
5. The winner of the Promotion will be randomly drawn from one prize pool on 5 March 2020. Attempts will be made to notify the winner by phone or email at the contact telephone number/email address provided at the time of the promotion entry. If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner prior to 12 March 2020, then the prize is forfeited, and an alternative winner will be selected at random. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in to.
6. The prize includes the following for two people (winner & guest):
- Return seat+bag Air New Zealand flights to New Plymouth Airport from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch Airports
- A rental car, courtesy of Air New Zealand and our partner Avis
- One-nights accommodation at King and Queen Hotel in a premium suite. Subject to availability.
- One-night accommodation at Ngati Ruanui Stratford Mountain House. Subject to availability.
- Mountain to sea Heli-tour with Precision Helicopters, weather dependant.
Plus one activity from each of the following themes as selected on the winner’s entry form:
- Experience a half day guided hike on the majestic Taranaki Mounga with Top Guides. Work with Top Guides to develop your perfect hike on Taranaki Mounga, from reflective mirror lakes, to dripping lichen and moss Goblin Forests. Must be booked in advance, weather dependant and subject to availability.
- Explore Taranaki’s Forgotten World by rail-cart with Forgotten World Adventures, with a 5-Tunnel rail-cart experience. This is a 3.5-hour return journey along a decommissioned historic rail line. Discover the Forgotten World Railway as you navigate down the 16km line and step back in history. Must be booked in advance and subject to availability.
- Learn to surf or discover Taranaki on horseback with Nau Mai New Plymouth Tours. A half day surf or horseback experience, including drop-off and pick-up, snacks and water. Work with Nau Mai Tours to craft your perfect half day surf or trek experience. Must be booked in advance, weather dependant and subject to availability.
Art of living
- Be wowed by your very own private art-adventure with Discover Taranaki. A guided tour of the award winning Govett-Brewster Art Gallery and Len Lye Centre, and a private studio tour with three renown local artists. Must be booked in advance and subject to availability. Lunch included.
- Design and hand-craft a Taranaki treasure with Ringcraft Moana. A 2-hour workshop to create your own stirling silver ring with jeweller Rob Wright and his team. Must be booked in advance and subject to availability. All tools and materials provided.
- Discover Taranaki’s award-winning gardens with Nau Mai New Plymouth Tours, with a Glorious Gardens of Taranaki tour. A customised 1-day tour of Taranaki’s Award-winning gardens.
- Delight in the tantalising tastes of Taranaki with Discover Taranaki. Build a customised half-day tour of some of Taranaki best producers, topped off with a paddock to plate eating experience at one of Taranaki’s best restaurants. Must be booked in advance and subject to availability. Food and beverage included.
- A private tour and Juno Gin tasting with BeGin Distilling. A 90-minute tour and behind the scenes look at the BeGin distillery, home of the award-winning Juno Gin. Taste the unique notes and learn about the Juno story. Must be booked in advance and subject to availability, includes 1x take home 200ml seasonal Juno Gin.
- Go behind the scenes at Egmont Honey, witness bees at work and discover the journey from hive to pot with Egmont Travel Group. An express ½ day tour at how honey is created, or a full-day honey experience. Must be booked in advance and subject to availability.
7. Flights, accommodation and car rental must be booked a minimum of 30 days prior to travel and will be subject to booking and availability. Travel and stay will need to be completed prior to 30 June 2020.
8. The value of the Avis car hire for this prize will be 3 days of rental, picking up from the Airport at the flight arrival time and dropping off for departure. If the winner wishes to customise their travel plans (extending their travel, opting for a different vehicle category, etc) he/she can also opt to apply a $300 NZD credit upon which they can pay the difference remaining. The rental car prize cannot be converted into cash and is not transferable.
9. The car hire component of the prize only covers the base costs (time and kilometre charges) of the car rental and does not include optional extras or incidentals. All rentals are subject to an insurance excess; optional coverage is not included in the prize but is available for purchase at the counter.
10. Car renter must meet applicable age, driver's licence and credit card requirements for the rental location they wish to rent from. Minimum age may vary by location and an underage surcharge may apply to drivers aged 21-25.
11. Standard Avis rental terms and conditions apply.
12. Travel is not permitted to commence from any origin point outside of New Zealand. Stopovers or stopovers within transit are not permitted. Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same flights in both directions. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Promoter in their sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash and is available on Air New Zealand operated services only.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
15. All prize travel will be subject to Air New Zealand’s Conditions of Carriage. Prize travel will not be eligible to accrue Airpoints Dollars™ or Status Points and cannot be used in conjunction with Air New Zealand’s Airpoints™ Programme or any other carriers’ frequent flyer schemes.
16. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
17. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
19. The Promoter of this competition is Air New Zealand Limited, Private Bag 92007, Auckland, New Zealand.