The Airpoints™ for Business Programme is a membership programme provided by Air New Zealand (Air NZ, we or us) to Airpoints for Business Members (you, your).
By applying for membership to the Airpoints for Business Programme, the applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions if the application is approved.
Membership to the Airpoints for Business Programme is not interchangeable with membership to any other programme or club.
2. Programme structure
Airpoints for Business allows businesses and other entities with one or more employees to earn Airpoints Dollars for the entity.
An Airpoints for Business Account will link with Linked Employees’ individual Airpoints accounts. The Business Owner (who is a person authorised to act on behalf of the Airpoints for Business Account), and any other employees designated as Administrators, will also be Linked Employees.
When a Linked Employee travels on an Eligible Flight with Air NZ for business-related purposes, where eligible, Airpoints Dollars are accrued to the Airpoints for Business Account, in addition to any Airpoints Dollars credited to the Linked Employee’s personal Airpoints Account.
By default, up to 20 employees who are members of the Airpoints Programme may have their Airpoints Membership linked to an Airpoints for Business Account. Air NZ may, if requested by the Business Owner and at its discretion, increase the number of Linked Employees able to be linked to an Airpoints for Business Account.
Airpoints for Business may make Airpoints B2B Partner offers from time to time, where an Airpoints for Business Member may earn Airpoints Dollars for making Eligible Purchases from Airpoints B2B Partners.
3. Eligibility for Airpoints for Business Account
Any entity (including a partnership or sole trader) domiciled in New Zealand that employs one or more persons is eligible to apply for an Airpoints for Business Account, except:
- Entities that receive any other commercial benefit from Air NZ (such as under a corporate or commercial agreement with Air NZ, government contract or as a member of the Above and Beyond Programme);
- Entities that are travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators or other sellers of travel; and
- Other entities as we reasonably determine from time to time.
Air NZ may validate the status of an applicant to verify an account application, including by reference to the applicant’s NZBN or NZ IRD number.
Persons who are not in trade are not eligible for an Airpoints for Business Account. Membership to the Airpoints for Business Programme is not transferable to any other person or entity, and Airpoints Dollars may only be transferred to another person as expressly permitted under these terms. We reserve the right to accept or decline any application for an Airpoints for Business Account.
The application form requires a person to be the nominated Business Owner who must have the authority within the business to sign the business up to the Airpoints for Business programme (e.g., director or senior executive with delegated authority). The Business Owner may assign admin rights to other Linked Employees ("Administrators"). The Business Owner must be an Airpoints member and will be required to provide their Airpoints membership number upon registration. Once an application has been accepted, the nominated Business Owner may sign in to their online Air NZ account and administer the Airpoints for Business Member’s account.
4. Linked Employees
An Airpoints for Business Member may register up to 21 Linked Employees to its Airpoints for Business Account. Linked Employees must be:
- Airpoints Members;
- employed by the Airpoints for Business Member;
- resident in New Zealand; and
- aged 18 years or over.
The process for registering Linked Employees is set out on our website. The Business Owner and any Administrators are counted as Linked Employees.
Linked Employees may be added or removed at any time, provided that there are not more than the maximum number of Linked Employees at any one time. The Business Owner and Administrators acting on behalf of the Airpoints for Business Member can remove Linked Employees, and Linked Employees can remove themselves, from the Airpoints for Business Account. Air NZ will remove a Linked Employee at the request of that Linked Employee or the Airpoints for Business Member.
When a Linked Employee (including if the Linked Employee is an Administrator) is no longer employed by the Airpoints for Business Member, it is the responsibility of the Business Owner to remove the Linked Employee from its Airpoints for Business Account. This also applies if a Linked Employee is deceased.
If the Business Owner is no longer employed by the Airpoints for Business Member or is deceased, the Airpoints for Business Member must nominate, in the manner indicated on the Air NZ website, a new Business Owner who satisfies the requirements for being a Linked Employee and who is authorised to represent the Airpoints for Business Member. Air NZ is entitled to require supporting evidence (e.g., registered on the Companies Office website as a director of the company, or sign a notice and waiver to Air NZ).
5. Airpoints for Business Member obligations
An entity may only hold one Airpoints for Business Account at any one time. Airpoints for Business Members must:
- administer the Airpoints for Business Account with diligence and for business-related travel only;
- ensure all employees it wishes to add as Linked Employees are aware of the obligations applicable to them as Linked Employees, set out under “Linked Employee Conditions” below;
- notify Air NZ promptly if its address or other contact details change;
- keep its Airpoints for Business Account ID and any online Air NZ usernames and password details secure;
- monitor its Linked Employees' activity in nominating travel as business-related and proactively notify Air NZ of any abuse or other non-authorised activity relating to its Airpoints for Business Account;
- submit a valid claim to Air NZ within 6 months of travel to claim any missing Airpoints Dollars;
- not allow any other person or entity to use its Airpoints for Business Account ID to earn Airpoints Dollars, nor use any non-Linked Employee’s Airpoints Membership number to earn Airpoints Dollars to its Account - to do so would be engaging in fraud.
Airpoints Dollars may be redeemed for Rewards only and not any other good or service or for cash. An Airpoints for Business Member must comply with the relevant terms and conditions applicable to any particular Reward redemption. An Airpoints for Business Member must make its own enquiries in relation to any Reward that is provided by a third party.
An Airpoints for Business Member must not sell, assign or transfer Airpoints Dollars or any Reward to any other person for Cash. If an Airpoints for Business Member transfers Airpoints Dollars to an employee as an employment benefit or incentive, any tax or other implications will be at its own risk (for further details see the “Transfer of Airpoints Dollars and Rewards” and “Redeeming Airpoints Dollars for Rewards” sections in these Terms and Conditions).
6. Linked Employee conditions
By accepting an invitation to be a Linked Employee, an individual who is employed by an Airpoints for Business Member is deemed to accept the following conditions;
- Personal information such as name, Airpoints number and travel details relating to Eligible Flights, will be shared with the Airpoints for Business Member and Air NZ.
- A Linked Employee must only nominate legitimate business-related travel as business-related for the purposes of the Airpoints for Business programme – nominating personal travel would be engaging in fraud.
- Personal information relating to travel that is not nominated as a business-related journey will not be shared with the Airpoints for Business Member. No further details of the Linked Employee’s Airpoints profile will be shared with the Airpoints for Business account.
7. Eligible Flights
Airpoints Dollars may be earned by Airpoints for Business Members on Eligible Flights booked for, and taken by, Linked Employees.
The Linked Employee named on the ticket for an Eligible Flight may also earn Airpoints Dollars for their personal Airpoints Account for the Eligible Flight, in accordance with the Airpoints Programme Terms and Conditions.
"Eligible Flight" means a flight or journey taken on:
- an Air New Zealand operated aircraft (with an Air New Zealand flight number); or
- a Virgin Australia operated aircraft for travel within Australia and between New Zealand and Australia (with an Air New Zealand flight number);
- a Cathay Pacific operated aircraft if travelling between Hong Kong and Auckland (with an Air New Zealand flight number).
And must meet the following criteria:
- is a flight that was purchased in New Zealand
- is a flight that was purchased through the New Zealand website storefront (airnz.co.nz or m.airnz.co.nz)
- nominated by the traveller, Business Owner or Administrator as a business-related journey
- flights or Upgrades purchased with Airpoints Dollars (“Redemption Flights”) and Upgrades due to tier status benefits;
- flights or Upgrades purchased using an Air New Zealand UATP Travelcard
- codeshare Flights operated by an airline other than Air NZ or any Partner Airlines, even when the ‘NZ' flight number is shown on the ticket;
- charter flights (unless otherwise agreed);
- freighter flights carrying any passengers;
- promotional, "contra" and free of charge Flights (including ticket coupons issues as aware tickets);
- travel industry or airline staff discounted or rebated Flights;
- competition prize Tickets and Tickets purchased at auction;
- discounted private fares or rebated fares under a corporate airfares agreement or travel agent agreement;
- Flights which are not eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars, including Flights purchased using FlyBuys points and flights on domestic late night budget “Nightrider” flights;
- child and infant fares;
- Flights for which the booking indicates a child or infant passenger;
- Flights taken before the commencement of the Airpoints for Business Programme membership;
- Flights taken before the relevant Linked Employee was linked the Airpoints for Business Account;
- Flights taken by a Linked Employee where a Ticket was not issued in the Linked Employees name;
- Flights taken by a Linked Employee for non-business related travel; and
- Any other Flights we may specify from time to time.
Linked Employees will earn Airpoints Dollars for flights as defined in the Airpoints Terms & Conditions at rates applicable to their personal Airpoints Account (which differs subject to booking class and product type purchased). Provided the Linked Employee nominates the travel as business-related, and such flights are Eligible Flights as defined above, the Airpoints for Business Member will earn 20% of the Airpoints Dollars earned by the Linked Employee for that travel.
8. Process for earning Airpoints Dollars on Eligible Flights
If Air New Zealand UATP Travelcard is used as a form of payment for a flight, then that flight is not an Eligible Flight and cannot earn Airpoints Dollars under the Airpoints for Business programme.
The process for nominating a Linked Employee’s travel as business-related is set out on our website. Once the booking has been nominated as business-related and the Linked Employee named on the Ticket has flown on the Eligible Flight, Airpoints Dollars will be credited to the Linked Employee’s personal Airpoints Account as well as the Airpoints for Business Account.
For the avoidance of doubt, travel can be nominated as business-related if the trip is predominantly for business purposes. Business purposes do not include leisure or holiday travel, or travel by family members or other travel companions of Linked Employees.
9. Eligible Purchases
An Airpoints for Business Member may earn Airpoints Dollars on Eligible Purchases with Airpoints B2B Partners. The Eligible Purchases must be paid for in full.
The entity who has paid for the Eligible Purchase and / or is named in the booking for the Eligible Purchase is the entity eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars for the Eligible Purchase, provided that the entity is an Airpoints for Business Member. No more than one entity may earn Airpoints Dollars for any one Eligible Purchase.
Not all purchases made with an Airpoints B2B Partner will be “Eligible Purchases”. Airpoints B2B Partners may specify which purchases will be Eligible Purchases and eligible for earning Airpoints Dollars. Please check with the Airpoints B2B Partner before you make your purchase to confirm if the purchase is an “Eligible Purchase” and will earn Airpoints Dollars.
The amount of Airpoints Dollars that may be earned on Eligible Purchases with different Airpoints B2B Partners will differ, and will be based on the earning rates offered by the Airpoints B2B Partner, the type of purchase made, the purchase price and the date of the purchase.
Air NZ will change and update the list of Airpoints B2B Partners who may offer Eligible Purchases from time to time. Visit the Air NZ website for a list of current Airpoints B2B Partners.
Eligible Purchases that are provided by Airpoints B2B Partners will be subject to the relevant Airpoints B2B Partner’s terms and conditions.
Airpoints Dollars earned through Eligible Purchases will be recorded in the Airpoints for Business Account only after the applicable Airpoints B2B Partner has notified us of the details of the Eligible Purchase; this may take up to two months after the date of the transaction.
10. Redeeming Airpoints Dollars for Rewards
The following requirements apply to all Rewards that are redeemed using Airpoints Dollars:
- Airpoints Dollars cannot be earned on any Reward redemption.
- Rewards are subject to availability. We do not guarantee that any of the Rewards will be available at any time and we reserve the right to withdraw, cancel, change or suspend, at our discretion at any time and without notice, any of the Rewards we offer or advertise. We are not liable for any loss, expense, or damage any Airpoints for Business Member suffers as a result of such withdrawal, cancellation, suspension or change.
- We may charge a reasonable change fee and service fee for any change or cancellation requests relating to a Reward redemption.
- Some Rewards may not be able to be changed or cancelled. See relevant terms and conditions for the Reward to determine if it is possible to change or cancel the Reward.
Air New Zealand Flight-related Rewards
An Airpoints for Business Member may use Airpoints Dollars to purchase Air New Zealand Flight-related Rewards for Linked Employees for any business purpose, up to 12 months in advance, provided the Airpoints for Business Member has sufficient Airpoints Dollars in its account to pay for the entire Reward.
Airpoints Dollars can also be transferred from the Airpoints for Business account to any Linked Employee, who can then use the Airpoints Dollars to redeem for other Flight-related Rewards in accordance with the Airpoints Terms and Conditions, including for Companion Tickets, Air New Zealand Upgrades, and partner airline or Star Alliance tickets and upgrades.
Unless otherwise stated, Airpoints Dollars cannot be used in conjunction with or to purchase any of the following:
- travel industry-rebated Tickets;
- group Tickets;
- competition prize Tickets; or
- Tickets that are not acquired in accordance with the requirements of the Terms and Conditions (for example, at an auction).
Airpoints Dollars can be transferred from the Airpoints for Business account to any Linked Employee, who can then use the Airpoints Dollars to redeem for other Non-Airline Rewards in accordance with the Airpoints Terms and Conditions, including for Koru Memberships, Hotel Rewards, and Car Rental Rewards.
11. Transfer of Airpoints Dollars
An Airpoints for Business Member may transfer Airpoints Dollars to any Linked Employee’s personal Airpoints Account. However, any tax or other implications of such transfers is the responsibility of the Airpoints for Business Member.
Transfers of Airpoints Dollars must not be made for Cash. Breach of this requirement may result in the Airpoints for Business Account being terminated immediately.
We will monitor the transfers made from each Airpoints for Business Account to ensure full compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. Airpoints Dollars expiry
Airpoints Dollars will remain valid for four years from the date they were accrued to the Airpoints for Business Account.
Following four years from accrual, the Airpoints Dollars will expire and be removed from Airpoints for Business Account on the anniversary of the day the account was created.
Please note, if Airpoints Dollars are transferred from an Airpoints for Business Account to an individual Airpoints Account, the expiry date will remain the date that is four years from the date they were accrued to the Airpoints for Business Account, unless otherwise stated in the Airpoints Terms and Conditions.
13. Online Airpoints Activity Details
14. Claims for missing Airpoints Dollars and retrospective claims
If an Airpoints for Business Member should have earned Airpoints Dollars and these don’t appear on the Activity Details, the Airpoints for Business Member may make a claim for the missing Airpoints Dollars by nominating as business-related:
- any Eligible Flights taken by Linked Employees of the Airpoints for Business Member; and
- any Eligible Purchases made by the Airpoints for Business Member,
provided that the claim is received by Air NZ within 6 months of the following:
- the date of the Eligible Flight was taken; or
- the date the Eligible Purchase was made; or
- the check-in date if the Eligible Purchase was for hotel accommodation; or
- the first day of the car rental reservation if the Eligible Purchase was a car rental.
The process for claiming missing Airpoints Dollars is set out on our website.
Claims must include the following evidence:
- For Eligible Flights - original boarding pass and e-ticket or ticket number;
- For Eligible Purchases - original invoice and receipt (please note that charge card receipts or vouchers are not accepted, and confirmation or reservation statements on their own are not accepted).
16. Use of programme information
- to administer the Airpoints for Business Programme, and to administer membership benefits;
- improving services and/or benefits offered to you under the Airpoints for Business Programme;
- furthering the relationship between you and Air New Zealand, including by identifying and presenting offers for products, services or promotions from Air New Zealand;
- identifying and marketing the products, services or promotions of Air New Zealand’s third party partners that may be of interest to you (or allowing such third party partners to do so);
- carrying out aggregated statistical data analysis on Air New Zealand's or our respective partners’ behalf; and/or
- conducting market research;
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business; and
- any other use that you authorise.
We use the personal information that is collected online from your computer, mobile or device for the following additional purposes:
- for statistical analysis, sales and marketing research and for business improvement analysis; and
- any other use that you authorise.
We may also disclose your personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, address and email address) to the following third parties:
- to third party business partners to facilitate your Airpoints for Business Member Benefits; and
- to Airpoints Partners and other third parties, to enable us, or Airpoints Partners and other third parties to identify and present you with offers that may be of interest to you (including by sending you commercial emails) and generally to operate and develop our or their business.
17. Email communications
By providing us with any email addresses, an Airpoints for Business Member consents (on behalf of itself and its employees) to Air NZ sending emails and other commercial electronic messages including Airpoints for Business Programme communications and updates, ‘Special Offers’, and communications relating to online bookings on the Air NZ website that were commenced but did not complete. The Airpoints for Business Member also consents (on behalf of itself and its employees) to Air NZ and its select Airpoints B2B Partners sending Airpoints B2B Partner communications.
Business Owners and Administrators can go to the ‘Airpoints for Business’ tab after signing into their online Air NZ account to update email communication preferences.
18. Notice and contact details
Any notice given by us to an Airpoints for Business Member pursuant to these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been given and received by the Airpoints for Business Member if we email the notice to the Airpoints for Business Member at the last email addresses provided to Air NZ for the Business Owner.
Airpoints for Business Members must promptly notify us of any changes to their contact details, including residential, postal and email address changes. If an Airpoints for Business Member changes its legal name, it will need to notify us in writing and provide written proof of the name change.
Air NZ makes no representation about your tax liability or your employee’s tax liability as a result of participation in the Airpoints for Business Programme, including the use or transfer of Rewards.
Each Airpoints for Business Member is responsible for any taxes and fees levied or required to be paid by any law or government taxing authority in connection with its Airpoints for Business Account, or accrual or use of Rewards.
Airpoints for Business Members who wish to transfer Airpoints Dollars as permitted or use Airpoints Dollars for non-business related purposes should discuss their potential tax obligations with a professional advisor.
20. Joining fee
From time to time, we may vary the types of Airpoints for Business Account available, the joining fees, the earning and redemption rates for Airpoints Dollars, and the Rewards. We may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by updating the Airpoints for Business Terms and Conditions on the Air NZ website.
Airpoints B2B Partners may change from time to time. Airpoints B2B Partners may discontinue their participation in the Airpoints for Business Programme and their provision of Rewards at any time without notice.
22. Termination and suspension
An Airpoints for Business Account will remain current until such time as it is terminated by either the Airpoints for Business Member or Air NZ.
Airpoints for Business Members may terminate their Airpoints for Business Account at any time by providing notice in writing to Air NZ.
Air NZ may terminate or suspend an Airpoints for Business Member’s Airpoints for Business Account or cancel or suspend an Airpoints for Business Member’s access to Airpoints for Business Account Benefits if we reasonably believe that the Airpoints for Business Member or its Linked Employees has:
- breached any of these Terms and Conditions;
- abused, misused or obtained by any misrepresentation any Rewards or other facilities or arrangements provided by or in connection with the Airpoints for Business Programme;
- behaved in a manner which Air NZ reasonably considers to be unacceptable while using any Rewards or other facilities, services, or arrangements provided by or in connection with the Airpoints for Business Programme;
- claimed personal travel as business related travel for the purpose of the Airpoints for Business Member accruing Airpoints Dollars;
- acted in any way that is detrimental to the interests of Air NZ or the Airpoints for Business Programme; or
- provided any incorrect or misleading information to Air NZ in connection with the Airpoints for Business Programme.
If an Airpoints for Business Account is terminated by the Airpoints for Business Member or by us for any reason (other than due to insolvency or winding up of the Airpoints for Business Member), any Airpoints Dollars earned but not redeemed prior to termination will be forfeited with no compensation.
An Airpoints for Business Account may not have a negative Airpoints Dollars balance but if it does, it may be closed without notice.
Airpoints for Business Account will automatically terminate on the insolvency or winding up of an Airpoints for Business Member. Following the date that we become aware of such insolvency or winding up, that Airpoints for Business Member’s Airpoints account and all other Airpoints benefits will be cancelled and become invalid. If we receive a written request by the administrator of the Airpoints for Business Member’s assets to transfer the Airpoints for Business Member’s current Airpoints Dollars balance to the Airpoints Membership accounts of the debtors of the Airpoints for Business Member, we will do so if we are satisfied that the request is valid and lawful and if that the request is made within 2 years of the insolvency of the Airpoints for Business Member.
If we decide to discontinue the Airpoints for Business Programme we may terminate Airpoints for Business Accounts by giving Airpoints for Business Members 3 month’s written notice. After this period of notice, all Airpoints Dollars remaining in an Airpoints for Business account will expire.
If we cease to operate as an airline, we may terminate the Airpoints for Business Programme at any time without notice.
23. Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Air NZ is not be liable (in negligence, tort, breach of contract, or otherwise) for any loss or damage (including direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss) arising out of or in connection with:
- our variation to these Terms and Conditions from time to time;
- our variation of Rewards from time to time;
- the suspension to or termination of your Airpoints for Business Account;
- the use of (or inability to use), the availability of, and or the suitability of any Reward;
- the Airpoints Dollars that are forfeited upon termination of an Airpoints for Business Account;
- the availability of Rewards, Upgrades and Lounge access;
- our failure or delay to provide Rewards due to force majeure or other events beyond our control;
- the accuracy of information supplied by third parties and any dealings with third parties;
- third party websites, applications, products and services;
- an Airpoints for Business Member’s, and/or a Linked Employee’s, legal and tax obligations and liabilities;
- any unauthorised or fraudulent activity in relation to an Airpoints for Business Account or Airpoints for Business Account in circumstances where the person attempting or carrying out the activity:
- represents themselves to Air NZ as the Airpoints for Business Member; or
- uses the Administrator or Business Owner’s online username and password.
- the breach in the security of a computer, mobile or other device or the access to any information held on a computer, mobile or other device by unauthorised third parties. Each Airpoints for Business Member is responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on its computers, mobiles or other devices.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Air NZ makes no warranties (express or implied), and makes no representations, with respect to:
- the suitability of the Airpoints for Business Programme or Rewards for an applicant or anyone else;
- the ability (or inability) to redeem or book any Reward by you or anyone else;
- third party websites, applications, products and services. You maintain full responsibility for your dealings with third parties and your use of any Rewards provided by third parties;
- the Airpoints for Business Member’s compliance with laws of New Zealand, including any laws that may relate to the earning of, or use of, Airpoints Dollars. Each Airpoints for Business Member is responsible for ensuring its compliance with all New Zealand laws and regulations.
25. Laws of New Zealand apply
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Both parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with any legal action that may arise in relation to an Airpoints for Business Account or the Airpoints for Business Programme.
Air NZ holds registered trademarks for: "Airpoints™", "Airpoints Dollars™" and "".
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable it will be severed from the Terms and Conditions without affecting the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Additional information about the Airpoints for Business Programme may be found on the Air NZ website. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time, shall prevail.
We reserve the right to audit each Airpoints for Business Account. We reserve the right to amend, debit and correct the Airpoints Dollars balance in an Airpoints for Business Account if we identify any inaccuracy.
We reserve the right to retrospectively adjust an Airpoints for Business Account in the event of incorrect entries due to our mistake or otherwise.
"Above and Beyond Programme" means the Air New Zealand rewards programme for businesses.
"Activity Details" means the Account activity report we provide to Airpoints for Business Members online.
"Administrator" means the natural person registered on an Airpoints for Business Account who has authority to manage the Account on behalf of the Airpoints for Business Member.
"Air New Zealand Upgrade" or "Upgrade" means allocating a seat in a Service Class of travel on Air New Zealand operated Flights that is one Service Class higher than the Service Class shown on the Ticket.
"Airpoints Account" means a personal account with the Airpoints Programme.
"Airpoints B2B Partner" means Airpoints for Business partners, and includes an organisation that supplies good and services available as Eligible Purchases in respect of which Airpoints Dollars will be credited under the Airpoints for Business Programme. A current list of Airpoints B2B Partners is available at www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints-for-business-partners.
"Airpoints Dollars" are the Air New Zealand frequent flyer points that are credited to your Account in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, by us for Eligible Flights that a Linked Employee has taken and/or for Eligible Purchases you have bought.
"Airpoints for Business Account" or "Account" means the record we maintain of Airpoints Dollars.
"Airpoints for Business Member", "you" and "your" means a New Zealand registered company that has joined the Airpoints for Business Programme.
"Airpoints Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions governing the Airpoints Programme published by Air NZ on the Air NZ website and amended from time to time.
"Airpoints Programme" means the Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme for individual members as defined in the Airpoints Terms and Conditions.
"Business Owner" means the natural person registered on and responsible for an Airpoints for Business Account and who has authority to manage the Account on behalf of the Airpoints for Business Member. This person is not necessarily the shareholder of the business, but must be a person with appropriate authority to act on behalf of the business.
"Cash" means any form of payment method such as an approved credit card and/or cash, or if permitted by the applicable Air New Zealand office, EFTPOS.
"Companion Ticket" has the meaning given to it in the Airpoints Programme Terms and Conditions.
"Eligible Flight" has the meaning contained in section 7.
"Eligible Purchase" means a purchase of goods and/or services from an Airpoints B2B Partner where such purchase qualifies the Airpoints for Business Member to earn Airpoints Dollars.
"Flight" means any one way travel (without a stopover) on an airline’s operated scheduled air service that keeps the same flight number even if there is a change of aircraft. Travel on the same aircraft but with a flight number change qualifies as two Flights.
"IRD Number" means the number issued to the Airpoints for Business Member by the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department.
"Koru Membership" means a membership to the domestic and international air traveller’s programme operated by Air New Zealand.
"Linked Employee" means employees of the Airpoints for Business Member who have their individual Airpoints Account linked to the Airpoints for Business Member’s Account, including the Business Owner and any Administrators.
"Rewards" means the rewards, services, goods and facilities (including Reward Travel) we may offer you in return for you redeeming a specified number of Airpoints Dollars in your Account. Rewards are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
"Non-Airline Rewards" means a benefit, service, good and/or facility (excluding air travel) we may offer you in return for you redeeming a specified number of Airpoints Dollars in your Account.
"NZBN" means the New Zealand Business Number.
"Partner Airline" means the airlines listed as Air NZ Partner Airlines on the Air NZ website.
"Reward Travel" is travel awarded in exchange for Airpoints Dollars. It includes reward tickets, Companion Tickets, upgrades and travel purchased using Airpoints Dollars on Partner Airlines.
"Service Class" means a certain class of travel, including First Class, Business Premier Class, Premium Economy Class or Economy Class.
"Terms and Conditions" means these terms and conditions, between Air New Zealand Limited and each Airpoints for Business Member, including all schedules and attachments as updated from time to time.
"Ticket" means the paper Flight coupon(s) that entitles a passenger to be carried on a specified air service, and it includes electronic Ticket receipt(s) that identify carriage on a specified air service.
28. Date of last update