Discover some of the best bits of the North Island, on our epic 7-day adventure for 18-35-year-olds!
Looking for a fun way to experience all the must do's of the North Island, but want to head south after? We’ve got you covered!
Get ready to see the “real New Zealand” on an unbeatable 7 day Big Kumara New Zealand North Island tour that takes you to a bunch of awesome, handpicked hot spots, all whilst travelling with a group of like-minded people.
Discover all the best bits from volcanoes to hot springs & journey through epic landscapes rich in Maori culture. As we blitz the North Island from Auckland to Wellington, we'll explore the sweetest spots from the local hideouts to the coolest beaches. You will get to dig your own jacuzzi at Hot Water Beach, cross the epic Tongariro Alpine Crossing, climb Mt Maunganui, spend a night in the kiwi country River Valley Lodge, take on our Hawkes Bay wine & brewery tour and more!
Join us, discover your boundaries, immerse yourself in the moments like no other, and kickback for one hell of a ride!
We’re dedicated to making sure you have a Sweet As time, so check out our flexible tour options to suit your travel style below.
Daily Itinerary Highlights:
1. Auckland – Tauranga: Head to the stunning Cathedral Cove and Hahei Beach for a day of relaxation and take a dip in the geothermal hot springs at Hot Water Beach. Finish off the day with a sunset hike up Mt Maunganui as we stopover in the heart of the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga.
2. Tauranga – Rotorua: As we head into the geothermal capital of New Zealand, Rotorua, optionally travel to Middle Earth and visit the renowned Hobbiton, meet a real kiwi, spend an evening with Maori legends at Tamaki Village or race your new friends down Rotorua's luge.
3. Rotorua – Taupo: As we head down the geothermal highway, visit the natural hot springs of Kerosene Creek, explore the geothermal wonderland, Wai O Tapu & see the mighty Huka Falls, all before settling into Taupo.
4. Tongariro National Park: Walk the renowned Tongariro Crossing or opt for a kayak around the Mine Bay Maori Rock carvings, skydive, or water rafting then finish with a soak in Taupo's free hot spring, the Otumheke thermal stream.
5. Taupo – Napier: Enjoy a relaxing Wine & Brewery Tour in Hawkes Bay and explore the Art Deco city of Napier.
6. Napier – River Valley: Head west through to the Gumboat Capital, Taihape before settling into real kiwi country at the River Valley Adventure Lodge.
7. River Valley – Wellington: Visit the famous Tui Brewery before travelling to the world’s coolest little capital, Wellington known for its great food, good vibes, stunning promenade and vibrant nightlife. Visit the Te Papa Museum, take a cable car to the Botanical gardens, or join our epic Bar Crawl of Wellingtons sweetest pubs and clubs.
Tamaki Maori Village Evening Experience & Traditional Hangi Dinner - Rotorua
Sail Barbary BYO Sunset Cruise - Taupo
Wine & Brewery Tastings (2 Wineries & 1 Brewery tour) - Napier
Horse Riding or White Water Rafting - River Valley Lodge
All prices are shown in NZD ($)
Copyright © 2019 Bookme Limited.
Qualmark is the Tourism New Zealand's official quality assurance organisation.
To display a Qualmark symbol a business must meet strict environmental, sustainability and quality standards.
Businesses are awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold award depending on their performance against the Sustainable Tourism Business criterion.
To achieve a Bronze Award a tourism business must meet all Qualmark’s minimum standards contained in the Sustainable Tourism criteria. It identifies a business with a high level of professionalism, an awareness of the impact it has on the environment and a customer centric approach.
A Silver Award is evidence of a sophisticated tourism business that consistently exceeds visitor expectations. Proactive leadership and management ensure that a culture of high performance is evident throughout the entire business. The business will have a real focus on continuously improving their economic, social and environmental performance to ensure the tourism product they deliver is a genuine, constantly improving sustainable experience.
A Gold Award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand, with the delivery of exceptional customer experiences an integral part of everything they do. A Gold Sustainable Tourism Award identifies those businesses leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.