Blitz the North Island from top to bottom as you discover all the best bits from Volcanoes to Hot Springs on our epic 14-day adventure for 18-35-year-olds!
Looking for a fun way to experience the best of the whole North Island? We’ve got you covered!
Get ready to see the “real New Zealand” on an unbeatable 14 day Sweet North New Zealand North Island tour that takes you to a bunch of awesome, handpicked hot spots, all whilst travelling with a group of like-minded people.
Discover all the best bits from volcanoes to hot springs as we journey through epic landscapes rich in Maori culture. As we blitz the North Island from top to bottom, we'll explore the sweetest spots from the local hideouts to the coolest beaches. You will get to dig your own jacuzzi at Hot Water Beach, cross the epic Tongariro Alpine Crossing, climb Mt Maunganui, spend 2 nights in the capital - Wellington, Sandboard down NZ's largest dunes at Te Paki, tour the renowned Waitomo Glowworm Caves and more!
Join us, discover your boundaries, immerse yourself in the moments like no other, and kickback for one hell of a ride!
We’re dedicated to making sure you have a Sweet As time, so check out our flexible tour options to suit your travel style below.
Daily Itinerary Highlights:
1. Auckland – Paihia: Visit the Tane Mahuta – Lord of the Forest in Waipoua Forest, grab a local fish n chips for lunch in Opononi and stop 2 nights in the heart of the Bay of Islands, Paihia.
2. Paihia – Cape Reinga: Visit New Zealand's most northern point with a coastal walk at Cape Reinga Lighthouse. Finish off the afternoon gliding down NZ's largest sand dunes at Te Paki & see 90 Mile Beach.
3. Paihia – Auckland: Enjoy the morning off exploring the Bay of Islands. Take a cruise to the famous Hole in the Rock or boat over to the original capital, Russell. On our route back we'll journey through NZ's most northern city, Whangarei.
4. Auckland – Tauranga: Head to the stunning Cathedral Cove and Hahei Beach for a day of relaxation and take a dip in the geothermal hot springs at Hot Water Beach. Finish off the day with a sunset hike up Mt Maunganui as we stopover in the heart of the Bay of Plenty, Tauranga.
5. Tauranga – Rotorua: As we head into the geothermal capital of New Zealand, Rotorua, optionally travel to Middle Earth and visit Hobbiton, meet a real kiwi at Rainbow Springs, spend an evening with the Maori legends at Tamaki Village or race your new friends down Rotorua's luge.
6. Rotorua – Taupo: As we head down the geothermal highway, visit the natural hot springs of Kerosene Creek, explore the geothermal wonderland, Wai O Tapu & see the mighty Huka Falls, all before settling into our next stop, Taupo.
7. Tongariro National Park: Today, walk the renowned Tongariro Alpine Crossing or opt for a kayak around the Mine Bay Maori Rock carvings, skydive, or water rafting then finish off with a soak in Taupo's free hot spring, the Otumheke thermal stream.
8. Taupo – Napier: Enjoy a relaxing Wine & Brewery Tour in Hawkes Bay and explore the Art Deco city of Napier.
9. Napier – River Valley: Head west through to the Gumboat Capital, Taihape before settling into real kiwi country lodge at the River Valley. Here you can grade 5 white water raft or take to the hills on an epic horse ride.
10. River Valley – Wellington: Visit the famous Tui Brewery before travelling to the world’s coolest little capital - Wellington, known for its great food, good vibes, stunning promenade and vibrant nightlife.
11. Wellington: Visit the Te Papa Museum, take a cable car to the Botanical gardens, or join our epic Bar Crawl of Wellingtons sweetest pubs and clubs.
12. Wellington – New Plymouth: Visit the amazing Goblin Forest in Egmont National Park and check out the beautiful Botanical Gardens.
13. New Plymouth – Raglan: Visit the renowned Waitomo (glow-worm capital) Caves for a tour & boat ride, then journey to New Zealand's coolest surf town and optionally finish the night with a sunset boat party with dinner.
14. Raglan – Auckland: Optionally soak up the best of Raglan on your last day with a surf lesson before heading back to Auckland.
Sandboard Hire - Te Paki
Waitangi Treaty Grounds Entry - Paihia
Tamaki Maori Village Evening Experience & Traditional Hangi Dinner - Rotorua
Sail Barbary BYO Sunset Cruise - Taupo
Wine & Brewery Tastings (2 Wineries & 1 Brewery tour) - Napier
Horse Riding or White Water Rafting - River Valley Lodge
Surf Lesson - Raglan
All prices are shown in NZD ($)
Copyright © 2019 Bookme Limited.
Qualmark is the Tourism New Zealand's official quality assurance organisation.
To display a Qualmark symbol a business must meet strict environmental, sustainability and quality standards.
Businesses are awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold award depending on their performance against the Sustainable Tourism Business criterion.
To achieve a Bronze Award a tourism business must meet all Qualmark’s minimum standards contained in the Sustainable Tourism criteria. It identifies a business with a high level of professionalism, an awareness of the impact it has on the environment and a customer centric approach.
A Silver Award is evidence of a sophisticated tourism business that consistently exceeds visitor expectations. Proactive leadership and management ensure that a culture of high performance is evident throughout the entire business. The business will have a real focus on continuously improving their economic, social and environmental performance to ensure the tourism product they deliver is a genuine, constantly improving sustainable experience.
A Gold Award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand, with the delivery of exceptional customer experiences an integral part of everything they do. A Gold Sustainable Tourism Award identifies those businesses leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.