Bookings that can be accessed online
For your booking to be available online, it must:
- Be electronically ticketed - if you have a paper ticket your booking cannot be accessed online
- Include travel still to be taken in one or both directions
- Have 9 or fewer travellers
- Not have been made as an international "multi-city" booking
Can my booking be changed online?
Bookings for domestic New Zealand travel may be changed online through Manage Bookings, subject to the following considerations:
- Bookings containing grabaseat™ and/or grabaseat+bag fares can only be changed before the day of travel
- Smart Saver fares can only be changed before the day of travel
- Flexi Plus fares may be changed up until departure
- Changes must apply to all passengers in the booking
- Changes may be made to dates and/or times of flights; the origin and destination of flights can also be changed online
- Flights must have been booked on the Air New Zealand website, and not be checked in. Bookings made through our Contact Centre after 17 July 2013 may also be changed online
- Bookings made under the Starfish Discount Programme can be changed online
Bookings for international travel can be changed online through Manage Bookings, subject to the following:
- Flights must have been booked on airnewzealand.co.nz and not be checked in
- Flights must originate in New Zealand
- Skycouch bookings cannot be changed online
- Multi-stop bookings cannot be changed online
- Changes must apply to all travellers in the same booking
If you cannot change your booking online, please contact us. Note that service fees will apply for changes made via the Contact Centre.
Can my booking be cancelled online?
Bookings for domestic and international travel may be cancelled online, subject to the following considerations:
- Flexi fares and Business (except Business Saver) fares may be cancelled up until departure
- Pacific Flexi fares for travel between 10 December and 15 January cannot be cancelled online
- If your flight is close to departure it may not be available for cancelling online
- A booking must be cancelled in full, i.e. both the outbound and return flights if a round trip
When cancelling online, a refund will be credited to the original form of payment you used to make the booking. For further assistance, please contact us.