FlyNeutral terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") carefully before proceeding with this transaction as they incorporate the basis upon which your contribution is accepted by Air New Zealand Limited (hereafter referred to as "Air New Zealand", "we", "our" or "us").
- Any contribution you make to FlyNeutral is voluntary.
- Twenty five percent (25%) of your contribution will be used to acquire carbon credits from vendors of Air New Zealand's choice to offset your flight related emissions and the remaining seventy five percent (75%) of your contribution will be provided to projects in New Zealand that deliver biodiversity and/or climate benefits. These projects and the proportion directed to each component will be determined by Air New Zealand at its sole discretion and may be subject to change at Air New Zealand's sole discretion.
- The GST or other tax component, if any, of your payment will not be allocated towards the acquisition of carbon credits.
- Your contribution is non-refundable and is not eligible for credit (unless required to be refundable or eligible for credit under applicable law). If you cancel, change or modify your journey, or it is cancelled, changed or modified by us for any reason (including due to COVID-19 related disruptions), your contribution (excluding any amounts required to be refunded or credited under applicable law) will continue to be used to acquire carbon credits and fund New Zealand projects. Nothing contained in this clause shall affect any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand) if it is applicable.
- If you acquire or hold yourself out as acquiring for the purposes of a business any services to which these Terms and Conditions apply, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand) shall not apply to our supply of such services.
- The calculation methods used in the FlyNeutral calculator provide an estimate only of the CO2-e emissions associated with your air travel and the cost to offset such CO2 -e emissions. The cost to offset CO2 -e emissions may vary according to fluctuations in the price of carbon credits. We accept no liability if this calculation is incorrect or does not accurately reflect either the actual CO2 -e emissions associated with your air travel or the cost to offset such CO2 -e emissions.
- While Air New Zealand has taken reasonable care to ensure the information provided on its website relating to carbon offsetting is accurate, this information may be subject to change at any time without notice to you. Air New Zealand does not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability, fitness for any purpose or otherwise of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by any relevant law, Air New Zealand excludes all liability for any loss or damage of whatever kind arising out of access to, use of, or reliance on, any information available on its website or any hyperlink to any website or any information contained or accessed through the website. This exclusion of liability does not apply to cases when Air New Zealand or its legal agents or vicarious agents deliberately or by way of gross negligence neglect or breach their duties.
- Air New Zealand reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, in its sole discretion. Any amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon posting on our website. It is your responsibility to check for amendments before making a contribution.
- Air New Zealand reserves the right to vary, suspend and/or terminate the whole or any part of FlyNeutral at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without giving notice to you. Notwithstanding such variation, suspension and/or termination, Air New Zealand will apply your contribution towards the purchase of carbon credits and funding New Zealand biodiversity and/or climate related projects.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and any legal action arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be litigated only in the appropriate Court having jurisdiction in New Zealand.