Connecting at Shanghai
Transit to/from Lufthansa, Austrian Air, Swiss, Scandinavian, Eva Air or Virgin Atlantic
Air New Zealand customers may be through-checked when transiting via Shanghai/Pudong in the same day with an international onward connection to/from Lufthansa (LH), Austrian Air (OS), Swiss International (LX), Scandinavian (SK), Eva Air (BR), and Virgin Atlantic (VS) airline partners.
- When checking in, ensure that your baggage tag shows your final destination, and not just Shanghai 'PVG'
- On arrival at Shanghai/Pudong, do not clear Customs and Immigration or collect your luggage. As there are no border formalities completed, there is no requirement to hold a transit visa. Please also note, if your onward travel with either of these airlines is not on the same calendar day but within 144 hours (six days) of your arrival - you may be eligible to transit without a visa, if departing for your next International flight from Shanghai Pudong Airport. For more information see Interpretation of 144 hour Visa exemption Transit Policy
- Proceed directly to the Transit Desk situated on the arrival floor located at Gate 71 of Terminal 2, and contact the desk of the airline you are connecting to
All other transit customers
- If arriving on an international service you need to clear Chinese Customs and Immigration. You must hold a valid visa (if required, please check with the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate for the latest requirements) and passport to transit China
- There are certain nationalities that can transit up to 144 hours (six days) at Shanghai Pudong without a visa. This is only on the condition that a confirmed onward ticket is held and you are arriving and departing from Shanghai Pudong airport. For more information see Interpretation of 144 hour Visa exemption Transit Policy
- Collect your luggage from the carousel at the Arrival Hall
- Exit the Arrival Hall with your luggage
- If you are connecting to a flight departing Terminal 2 where Air New Zealand operates from, proceed upstairs to the check-in area in the Departure Hall on the 1st level
- If you are connecting to a flight departing from Terminal 1, proceed to the check-in area in Terminal 1 with your luggage
per person one way from Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
Premium Economy: 17 Oct - 8 Nov 2019, 17 Feb - 2 Apr & 4 May - 24 Jun 2020
Business Premier™: 18 Oct - 16 Nov 2019 & 7 Apr - 30 Jun 2020
Terms and conditions: *$75 domestic connections are not available for travel to Singapore, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh & Hanoi in Premium Economy & Business Premier. Advertised fares are based on travel originating in New Zealand. For airfare only bookings paid with credit, debit or charge card, a fee of $12 per person per one way Bali journey and $17.50 per person per one way long-haul journey applies. For airfare only bookings made through our Contact Centre a non-refundable service fee of $60 per person, per one way journey applies. Customers who purchase fares using Airpoints Dollars™ online will be required to pay the government and airport charges which are included in this fare by internet banking or credit card. Taxes on return sector will vary from those on the outbound journey. Travel is via Air New Zealand operated non-stop services ex Auckland to Bali, Shanghai, Seoul, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taipei & Osaka. Flights to Singapore and Hong Kong may be operated by partner airlines. Flights to Beijing are operated by Air China. Flights to Phuket, Ho Chi Minh & Hanoi are via Singapore and are operated by partner airlines. Non-stop flights to Seoul commence on 23 November 2019, travel prior to this is via Taipei or Hong Kong and beyond on partner airlines. Travel ex Wellington or Christchurch is via Auckland on Air New Zealand domestic flights. Connections from provincial New Zealand points requiring an overnight break in the journey will be at the passenger's own expense. Flight and routing restrictions may apply. An additional $10 per one-way journey applies for travel on Friday-Sunday for Bali and $30 per one-way journey will apply for Economy class travel Friday-Sunday for all other destinations. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or on all dates. Prices correct as at 9 September 2019. Offer is valid for new bookings only. New deals may be released at any time.
Cancellation/changes: Air New Zealand's conditions of carriage, general terms and conditions, long haul fare rules, Islands fare rules and Airpoints™ terms & conditions apply. See further baggage information. TTY assistance is available for deaf and hearing impaired via NZ Relay on 0800 4 711 711.