Connecting at Shanghai
Transit to/from Lufthansa, Austrian Air, Swiss, Scandinavian, Eva Air or Virgin Atlantic
Air New Zealand customers may be through-checked when transiting via Shanghai/Pudong in the same day with an international onward connection to/from Lufthansa (LH), Austrian Air (OS), Swiss International (LX), Scandinavian (SK), Eva Air (BR), and Virgin Atlantic (VS) airline partners.
- When checking in, ensure that your baggage tag shows your final destination, and not just Shanghai 'PVG'
- On arrival at Shanghai/Pudong, do not clear Customs and Immigration or collect your luggage. As there are no border formalities completed, there is no requirement to hold a transit visa. Please also note, if your onward travel with either of these airlines is not on the same calendar day but within 144 hours (six days) of your arrival - you may be eligible to transit without a visa, if departing for your next International flight from Shanghai Pudong Airport. For more information see Interpretation of 144 hour Visa exemption Transit Policy
- Proceed directly to the Transit Desk situated on the arrival floor located at Gate 71 of Terminal 2, and contact the desk of the airline you are connecting to
All other transit customers
- If arriving on an international service you need to clear Chinese Customs and Immigration. You must hold a valid visa (if required, please check with the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate for the latest requirements) and passport to transit China
- There are certain nationalities that can transit up to 144 hours (six days) at Shanghai Pudong without a visa. This is only on the condition that a confirmed onward ticket is held and you are arriving and departing from Shanghai Pudong airport. For more information see Interpretation of 144 hour Visa exemption Transit Policy
- Collect your luggage from the carousel at the Arrival Hall
- Exit the Arrival Hall with your luggage
- If you are connecting to a flight departing Terminal 2 where Air New Zealand operates from, proceed upstairs to the check-in area in the Departure Hall on the 1st level
- If you are connecting to a flight departing from Terminal 1, proceed to the check-in area in Terminal 1 with your luggage
per person one way from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
Terms and conditions: Advertised fares are based on travel originating in New Zealand. For airfare only bookings paid with credit, debit or charge card, a fee of $12.00 per person per one way Bali journey applies and $17.50 per person per one way long-haul journey applies. Advertised Economy fares to Asia apply to Monday-Thursday departures only. Surcharges of NZ$30 will apply for departures on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For airfare only bookings made through our Contact Centre a non-refundable service fee of $60 per person, per one way long-haul journey applies. Taxes on return sector will vary from those on the outbound journey. Flight and routing restrictions may apply. Travel is via Air New Zealand operated non-stop services ex Auckland to Bali, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh City, Taipei and Singapore and beyond on partner airlines. Travel ex Wellington or Christchurch is via Auckland on Air New Zealand domestic flights, excluding travel to Singapore where travel ex Wellington/Christchurch via Auckland may incur an additional cost based on confirmed routing. Travel to Fukuoka and Nagoya is based on travel via Tokyo. Travel to Seoul is based on travel via Hong Kong. Travel from provincial points in New Zealand to international flights ex Auckland on the Air New Zealand network available with additional costs. Connections from provincial New Zealand points requiring an overnight break in the journey will be at the passenger’s own expense. Premium Economy: Fares are based on Air New Zealand operated flights offering Premium Economy fares. Air New Zealand domestic flights and connecting flights will be in Economy class. Business Class/Business Premier: Air New Zealand domestic flights and connecting flights may be in Economy class. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or on all dates. Taipei non-stop services are subject to government and regulatory approval. Prices correct as at 06 March 2018. New deals may be released at any time. The baggage limit is 1 piece for Economy (exception apply) fares and 2 pieces for Premium Economy, not exceeding a maximum weight of 23kg (50lbs) per piece. The baggage limit for Seat+Bag and The Works fares to Bali is 1 piece, maximum weight of 23kg (50lbs). See further baggage information. Airpoints™ Terms & Conditions, General Terms and Conditions, Global Saver and Premium Economy terms and conditions apply. TTY assistance is available for deaf and hearing impaired via NZ Relay on 0800 4 711 711.