Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Standard Visa
You'll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every;
- $120 spent on eligible purchases*, or
- $100 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand
- Earn two single-entry Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers per year when you spend $30,000 on eligible purchases each year*. Maximum 2 vouchers per year**
- Your Airpoints Dollars will never expire, as long as you have a current card and you're the nominated earner
- 1 Airpoints Dollar is equal to $1 when purchasing any Air New Zealand flight1. You can also use your Airpoints Dollars for rental cars or shopping in the Airpoints Store
- If you aren't already an Airpoints member, we'll sign you up when your Airpoints credit card is approved
Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers
Earn two single-entry Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers per year when you spend $30,000 on eligible purchases*. Maximum 2 vouchers per year**.
Airpoints Dollars Advance
Get access to a 100 Airpoints Dollars Advance.
Monthly prize draws
Monthly prize draw of bonus Airpoints Dollars - as long as you've used your card that month, you're automatically in the draw. Terms and conditions apply.
Airpoints Dollars Top-Up
Buy additional Airpoints Dollars online for a fee with Airpoints Dollars Top-Up. Purchases of Airpoints Dollars are non-refundable, please double check your purchase before you confirm. Terms and conditions apply.
Rates and fees
- 20.95% p.a. purchase interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change)
- 22.95% p.a. cash advance interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change)
- Up to 44 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers
- 5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments - whichever is greater
- $32.50 account fee every six months
- $10 fee for a joint or additional cardholder every six months
- Other fees apply
- Kiwbank lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions apply
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
Also check out
Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa
A low annual account fee - with a sharp interest rate and Airpoints Dollars earn rate. Find out more about the Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa.
* Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance***, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back, or Airpoints Dollars Top-Ups.
** A year is based on the 12-month period from the date your card was issued. Passes will be credited to your account in the month after you have reached the relevant $30,000 spend threshold. For example, if you reach the $30,000 spend threshold in your June credit card statement, the passes will be credited to your account in July. You will be notified of the complimentary eVouchers when you sign in to your Airpoints account at the Air New Zealand website. If we have your email address, we will also endeavour to notify you by email. The passes will be loaded onto the primary account holder's Airpoints account. The maximum number of lounge eVouchers you can earn each year is two (one (1) set of two (2)).
*** As of 1 April 2021, customers are no longer able to apply for Credit Card Repayment Insurance policy when opening a new credit card account.
1 An "Air New Zealand flight" means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights - view the full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable third party taxes, levies or surcharges can't be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards. Airpoints terms and conditions apply.