Nadi and Denarau hotels and accommodation
The busy tropical city of Nadi, gateway to Denarau and the Islands of Fiji, offers a plethora of places to lay your head at night. We've partnered with Expedia, one of the world's largest booking engines, to help you sort through them all and pick the accommodation that'll be the best home for your holiday.
Popular places to stay and things to do in Nadi
Nadi is a unique place to be. Alive with Hindi and Fijian top 40 drifting into the streets from every storefront, it can be appreciated for its culture or serve as a base to venture further to coastal resorts, offshore islands, inland jungles and beautiful beaches. Touch down at the airport and find the best of Fiji within easy reach. Here are a few of the most popular places to find nearby.
The heart of the city is a little removed from the airport and main tourist hotspots, and it's where you'll find the main services like the hospital and supermarkets. Not many stay here, but those who do can experience a slice of authentic Fiji life and some of the cheapest hotels.
Things to do in Central Nadi:
- Shop for a Fijian keepsake: The Nadi Handicraft Markets offers handmade treasures and fresh produce, direct from those who make them
- Tour the temple: Visit the Sri Siva Subramaniya Hindu Temple, a fabulously colourful place with impressive intricate carvings. Walk around and take a look while it's open to visitors. Temple etiquette is to cover your shoulders and legs and enter only if you've eaten no meat that day
- Catch a match: Head to Prince Charles Park, a rugby union stadium that hosts local and international games. If you can attend one, it's a truly unforgettable experience
Where to stay in Central Nadi:
- The President Hotel is a "Great new hotel at the bridge into Nadi town. Perfect for tourists and business travelers alike. Rooms are spacious, stylish and clean, with very comfortable beds and amenities. While the road is a bit noisy, the convenient location is steps away from the best shopping area in Nadi. Safe location, and much nicer than the other options downtown." Verified traveller review, April 2019
- The Premiere Apartments is located across the river from the city. It's a mid-range self-catering hotel with apartments of different sizes to suit what you need
If you're looking for hotels near Nadi airport, Namaka and the surrounding area is where you want to be.
Things to do in Namaka or near Nadi Airport:
- Eat and drink: There are plenty of choices near the airport. Try a cafe, enjoy some Indian cuisine and head to Tu's Place for an array of Fijian favourites. Ed's Bar is a great place to experience the Nadi nightlife in the evening
- Plan your escape: Heaps of tourism operators can be found in the area and they'll take you all around Fiji
Where to stay near Nadi Airport:
- If you're looking for a resort that's close to the airport, the recently opened Pullman Nadi Bay is the ultimate option for luxury and convenience
- The Novotel Nadi is right in Namaka, an affordable, convenient but comfortable place to stay: "Very good value for money with great facilities, proximity and helpful staff." Verified traveller review, June 2019
- The Fiji Gateway is very convenient airport accommodation, directly across from the terminal
Here's a little glitz and glamour compared to Nadi's grit. You'll find the city's resorts and more tourist-focused shopping and dining on this upscale and private island, and accessible by car. Denarau is a playground for holidaymakers where you'll get a taste of the Fiji you've ogled in travel magazines.
Things to do around your Denarau Island:
- Play golf: The island is home to a full 18-hole golf course that attracts those keen to work on their stroke while on holiday
- Cruise to the islands: Port Denarau is the primary port of departure for boats heading out to the outer islands like the Yasawa chain and Mamanuca chain to name a few. Whether you take a day cruise or something longer, escaping to these paradise isles is highly recommended
- Enjoy a treatment: With the many resort hotels on Denarau Island comes many spas, and their array of massages, facials and other health and beauty treatments. Go on and indulge for a little something different, inspired by traditional Melanesian methods and recipes. It's the perfect place to treat yourself
Where to stay on Denarau Island:
- The Sofitel Resort and Spa offers high-end accommodation in Denarau, it's a luxury hotel to set the scene for romantic holidays and special occasions
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is another luxury option, and well suited to families with kids as it boasts six pools and is a stone's throw from Denarau Mini Golf
- The Terraces Apartments Resort is where you'll find apartment accommodation. Consider it if you're with a group or prefer self-catering facilities
Finding the right type of Nadi Hotel
From cheap hotels in Nadi itself to accommodation near the airport and the luxury resorts of Denarau Island, there are all kinds of places to stay in Fiji's travel hub. Save hours tracking down the one you want and simply enter the dates into our Expedia-powered search engine to see a list of options with availability. The filters can narrow it down to exactly what suits you based on:
- The property's star rating, from three to five stars
- Price per night, so you can spot the cheapest hotels if money's on your mind.
- Amenities, including breakfast, Wi-Fi, air conditioning and other extras.
- Property type, from hotels to apartments to beach resorts.
- The most popular locations around the Nadi area.
Apartments, holiday homes, backpackers & alternative accommodation
Everyone likes to holiday a different way, and hotels aren't the only kind of accommodation out there. You could rent an apartment or a holiday home and cook up a storm in your own kitchen facilities, or head out to an all-inclusive resort with a private villa for lots of space to spread out. For shoe-string budgets there are backpackers and hostels where you can enjoy cheap accommodation and the company of other travellers in a way that's unique to communal lodgings.
Why book your accommodation with us?
Thanks to our partnership with hotel booking experts Expedia, we can make finding and booking your Nadi accommodation simple, easy and affordable. The search engine takes the legwork out of tracking down your abode, and the reservation process is simple. With flights, activities, insurance and transport also available through Air New Zealand, travel planning is easy as.
Partnering up with Expedia also means we get their price guarantee and can give you some of the lowest rates out there. You'll enjoy further discounts when you book your hotel at the same time as your flight, too. Airpoints™ members get even more savings and earn Airpoints Dollars™ on every stay. That's time, money and sanity saved when you book your Nadi accommodation with Air New Zealand.