COVID-19: One-way quarantine-free travel from Niue to New Zealand
Following an announcement by New Zealand and Niuean Governments, one-way quarantine-free travel is now available to eligible customers from Niue to New Zealand.
We will be operating one passenger service every two weeks from Niue.
To travel quarantine-free from Niue to New Zealand, you must meet the following requirements:
- You have not been overseas outside of Niue or New Zealand in the past 14 days.
- You have not had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days.
- You must maintain physical distance (as much as possible) from anyone at Auckland Airport who did not arrive from Niue.
- There are no reasonable grounds, as determined by a suitably qualified health practitioner, to suspect you may have COVID-19. This may include, among other things:
- Having had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Having any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Be awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
- Normal immigration rules will apply. If you need a visa to enter New Zealand, you will need to apply for one.
Please note that New Zealand public health officials will be undertaking random temperature checks of travelling on all flights arriving from Niue. Customers are also required to wear face masks on board and while at Auckland Airport. A streamlined Safe Travel Path will be used to process travellers arriving on quarantine-free services from Niue. This is a designated area separate to customers arriving on quarantine flights.
We also ask that our customers keep in mind that this is a one-way arrangement for travel from Niue to New Zealand.
For customers travelling from New Zealand to Niue:
Travel to Niue is restricted to repatriating residents of Niue and essential services people who have received advance approval from the Niue Government for travel.
All arriving travellers will undergo supervised quarantine for 14 days at government-appointed accommodation in Niue.
A limit of 15 people are permitted to enter Niue per flight, until the Niue Government advise otherwise.
Travellers who require Government approval for travel are asked to email the Niue Office of External Affairs.