COVID-19: One-way quarantine-free travel from Rarotonga to New Zealand
Following the recent announcement by New Zealand and Cook Islands Governments, one-way quarantine-free travel is now available to eligible customers travelling from the Cook Islands to New Zealand.
We will be operating two services per week, departing Rarotonga on Wednesdays and Saturdays, with our first flight departing on Wednesday, 20 January.
To travel quarantine-free from the Cook Islands to New Zealand, you must meet the following requirements:
- You have not been overseas outside New Zealand and the Cook Islands in the past 14 days.
- You must maintain physical distance (as much as possible) from anyone at Auckland Airport who did not arrive from the Cook Islands.
- There are no reasonable grounds, as determined by a suitably qualified health practitioner, to suspect you may have COVID-19.
- Normal immigration rules will apply. If you need a visa to enter New Zealand, you will need to apply for one. You must also be in the Cook Islands when you apply.
Please note that health checks for quarantine-free travel from the Cook Islands to New Zealand will occur prior to departure at Rarotonga International Airport, as well as at Auckland Airport upon arrival. Customers are also required to wear face masks on board and while at Auckland Airport. Arrival at Auckland Airport will be into a designated area separate to customers arriving on quarantine flights.
For more information on quarantine-free travel from the Cook Islands to New Zealand, please click here.
We also ask that our customers keep in mind that this is a one-way arrangement for travel from Rarotonga to New Zealand.
For customers travelling from New Zealand to Rarotonga, the following requirements apply:
Provided the following entry criteria is met:
- You have spent the last 14 days in New Zealand and/or the Cook Islands, prior to entry into the Cook Islands
- Provision of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 96 hours of departure from Auckland
The following people are able to enter the Cook Islands:
- Cook Islanders
- Permanent Residents of the Cook Islands
- Cook Islands work permit holders
- Cook Islands resident permit holders
Requests for entry into the Cook Islands must be sought by emailing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration on firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
For more information, please refer to the Cook Islands COVID-19 Government website.