Disrupt Reimbursement Consideration
If your journey has been disrupted for a controllable reason, e.g. engineering, or crew shortages, and your new itinerary requires you to stay overnight in a place you do not reside, our airport team will be working hard to secure accommodation for you.
Over peak travel periods, availability is extremely limited and you may be required to source your own accommodation.
As a guideline, we recommend $250.00 per room and $90.00 per person, per night for meals. This is a recommended amount only. All expenses must be reasonable and supported by receipts.
For the purpose of reimbursement consideration, please ensure you retain all itemised receipts, and send them to us via one of our messaging channels, along with the following information:
- Your Air New Zealand booking reference (This will be 6 characters, ending in H)
- Flight number and date of the disrupted flight
- The reason for needing to claim expenses
- A copy of your receipts along with any other supporting documentation
- The below bank account details
Account Holder Details
- Full Name
- Residential Address
- Email Address
- Valid Contact Number
Bank Account Details
To be able to process reimbursement payments, we require the following account information, including some currency-specific details:
- Bank Name
- Branch Address
- Bank & Branch ID (sometimes referred to as BSB, Transit, Sort Code, or ACH Routing), as well as;
- NZD, AUD, CAD & HKD: Account number
- EUR, GBP & XPF: Account number, full IBAN number, and Swift Code
- USD: Account number and Swift Code
- All other currencies: Account number, full IBAN number, and Swift Code
Should further information be required, one of our Customer Communication Specialists will contact you directly. We will also reach out to you once your application has been reviewed.
Thank you in advance for your patience during times of high messaging volumes.