Travel insurance with COVID-19 cover
Air New Zealand travel insurance provides cover if you get ill with COVID-19 prior to your trip commencing or get ill with COVID-19 whilst away. There is also limited cancellation and amendment expenses cover relating to COVID-19.
And your travel insurance policy still covers you for many other reasons you might need it: cancellation due to illness, hospital costs if you get injured overseas, medical repatriation, lost luggage, rental car excess cover, travel delay or disrupt, and much more.
Travelling to international destinations
Buy an international travel insurance policy that can cover you for COVID-19. With medical expenses and limited cancellation and amendment expenses cover, you can travel with peace of mind.
When you book your international flights online, you can add our one-step travel insurance on the Extras page.
- Cancelling your trip if you have COVID-19 and are unable to travel
Note: If your policy is purchased less than 21 days before your departure date, then specific limits and conditions apply. You should read the policy wording and if you have further questions contact Cover-More on 0800 500 248.
- Emergency medical expenses if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 on your trip and admitted to hospital
- Repatriation to help you get back home
- If a relative or your business partner not travelling with you becomes sick
- If you are an essential health care worker whose leave is revoked
What's not covered
- There are limits and specific conditions on cancellation and amendment costs if your policy was purchased less than 21 days before your scheduled departure. You should read the policy wording and if you have further questions contact Cover-More on 0800 500 248.
- There is no cover for additional expenses if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 on your journey and must quarantine or self-isolate.
- There is no cover for COVID-19 related claims if participating in travel on a multi-night cruise.
- This policy does not cover (directly or indirectly caused by COVID-19) claims relating to government travel bans; 'Do not travel' warnings; government directed border closure; denied boarding; or mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel.
- Any claims directly or indirectly arising from or caused by COVID-19 if you have purchased Domestic Trip insurance with your flight.
- Your disinclination to travel due to COVID-19.
Note: This is a summary of key conditions and exclusions. Please read the relevant policy wording for full benefits, exclusions and terms and conditions.
To help you understand what COVID-19 cover applies to your trip we have created this scenario guide (that should be read in conjunction with the relevant policy wording).
Free Look Period
Every insurance policy comes with a money-back guarantee. You have a 21 (calendar) day free look period where, if the insurance doesn't suit your needs, you can request a full refund of the premium paid (as long as no claim is pending and you haven't started your trip). Please contact Cover-More Travel Insurance on 0800 500 248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any refund queries.
Contact Cover-More Travel Insurance
Travelling around New Zealand
Contact Cover-More Travel Insurance
COVID-19 frequently asked questions
What countries does my travel insurance provide cover for?
I'm taking a cruise as part of my travel itinerary. Am I covered for COVID-19 related claims on that cruise?
If I fall ill with COVID-19, and require medical treatment in a covered country, are medical expenses covered?
If I fall ill overseas with COVID-19 and need to be repatriated home, am I covered?
Before I depart on my trip I contract COVID-19 and my doctor advises that I am unfit to travel, are cancellation or amendment expenses covered?
Whilst finishing my trip I have a positive COVID-19 test prior to returning home, can I claim my self-isolation or travel amendment costs?
I've decided I need to self-isolate due to possible contact with COVID-19 (not close contact) and no longer wish to travel. Can I claim for a trip refund under my policy?
There are no government restrictions in place to travel to my destination, but I'm required to quarantine on return from my trip. I no longer wish to travel and want to cancel my holiday. Am I covered?
Whilst on my trip, I'm denied entry to a country due to government restrictions imposed in the arriving county on travellers from countries I have visited en route or from which I have departed. Am I covered for the costs to change my trip?
I am an essential Health Care worker and my leave is cancelled due to COVID-19. I need to cancel my trip. Am I covered?
There were no government travel restrictions in place when I booked my holiday and purchased my policy. A new outbreak of COVID-19 has led to government restrictions that now prevent me from travelling to the intended destination(s). Am I covered?
My flight has been cancelled or re-scheduled due to COVID-19. Can I claim for a refund?
How do I make a claim?