Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Platinum Visa
You'll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar™ for every:
- $75 spent on eligible purchases*, or
- $65 spent on Air New Zealand products bought directly from Air New Zealand
- The best Status Point earn rate in the market, 1 Status Point for every $200 you spend on eligible purchases*
- Your Airpoints Dollars will never expire, as long as you have a current card and you're the nominated earner
- 1 Airpoints Dollar is equal to $1 when purchasing any Air New Zealand flight1. You can also use your Airpoints Dollars for rental cars or shopping in the Airpoints Store
- If you aren't already an Airpoints™ member, we'll sign you up when your Airpoints credit card is approved
Airpoints Dollars Advance
Get access to a 200 Airpoints Dollars Advance.
Monthly prize draws
Monthly prize draw of bonus Airpoints Dollars - as long as you've used your card that month, you're automatically in the draw. Terms and conditions apply.
Airpoints Dollars Top-Up
Buy additional Airpoints Dollars online for a fee with Airpoints Dollars Top-Up. Purchases of Airpoints Dollars are non-refundable, please double check your purchase before you confirm. Terms and conditions apply.
Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers
Earn two complimentary single-entry Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers for every $30,000 spent on your card on eligible purchases* each year. You can earn a maximum of four vouchers per year**.
Built-In Travel Insurance
Built-in overseas travel insurance2 for you, your spouse and your kids if they're travelling with you. Age restrictions apply.
Get 24-hour access to the exclusive Visa Concierge service.
Each cardholder will get a Koru membership discount - no joining fee, plus get $145 off the annual fee.
Rates and fees
- 20.95% p.a. purchase interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change)
- 22.95% p.a. cash advance interest rate. (Interest rates are subject to change)
- Up to 44 interest free days, as long as you pay off your entire balance in full every month by the due date. The interest free period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers
- 5% or $10 minimum monthly repayments – whichever is greater
- $75 account fee every six months
- $15 fee for a joint or additional cardholder every six months
- Other fees apply
- Kiwbank lending criteria, credit limits and terms and conditions apply
To apply for an Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa, you must be at least 18 years of age, a New Zealand resident, and have a good credit history.
Also check out
Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa
There's nothing standard about this card - you'll be in the air before you know it. Find out more about the Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa.
* Eligible purchases exclude fees or interest, balance transfers, credit card repayment insurance***, gambling chips, money orders, travellers cheques or foreign currencies in cash, cash advances or cash withdrawals made from an ATM, or any transaction that is reversed, refunded or charged back, or Airpoints Dollars Top-Ups.
** A year is based on the 12-month period from the date your card was issued. Passes will be credited to your account in the month after you have reached the relevant $30,000 spend threshold. For example, if you reach the $30,000 spend threshold in your June credit card statement, the passes will be credited to your account in July. You will be notified of the complimentary eVouchers when you sign in to your Airpoints account at the Air New Zealand website. If we have your email address, we will also endeavour to notify you by email. The passes will be loaded onto the primary account holder's Airpoints account. The maximum number of lounge eVouchers you can earn each year is four (two (2) sets of two (2)).
***As of 1 April 2021, customers are no longer able to apply for Credit Card Repayment Insurance policy when opening a new credit card account.
1 An "Air New Zealand flight" means a flight that is ticketed and operated by Air New Zealand and certain airline partner codeshare flights - view the full list of Air New Zealand airline Airpoints partners. Any applicable third party taxes, levies or surcharges can't be paid for with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare.
2 Your overseas travel insurance is arranged by Kiwibank and provided by TOWER Insurance Limited and TOWER Insurance Limited is solely responsible for any claims under the policy.
Kiwibank is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards. Airpoints terms and conditions apply.