How to use your credit
More credit flexibility
Keeping you safe while travelling
COVID-19 information hub
Credit and refunds
The current version of the online credit tool:
- Can be used for most credits held in NZD and AUD.
- Can use a single credit to purchase new flights.
Note - If your credit was altered by our contact centre in some way, the original booking reference will not work in the online tool. Please use the new reference that was issued to you.
The online credit tool will not work for some credits.
Affected credits include:
- Credits from bookings which were altered after purchase (e.g. the date was changed, the class was upgraded, a bag was added).
- Credits from bookings where one or more of the flights were flown.
- Credits from bookings purchased through our international storefronts or in a different currency.
We are working to make this tool available to everyone. Future versions of the tool will be released as soon as possible to add new capabilities.
If you booked with a travel agent or third party, you'll need to contact them about your credit.
The tool doesn't recognise my credits - how can I use my credits?
How do I combine multiple credits to make a new booking?
Do I need to spend my credit all at once?
How can I view my credit?
Use credits for non-urgent travel
If you want to fly more than 21 days from now, and
- The online credit tool doesn't recognise your credit
- OR you want to use multiple credits to pay for the new booking
You can use the Fare Hold process to book flights at the current price.
Process for using our Fare Hold Credit Redemption Form
- Choose your flights on the Air New Zealand website.
Hold your fare: If your itinerary is eligible for Fare Hold (i.e. is more than 21 days away) a "Hold this fare" button will appear at the bottom of the "Select your flights" screen. Select this to hold your fares.
Pay the Fare Hold fee: Complete a few details on the Fare Hold page and pay the Fare Hold fee. The fee will be applied to the fare when the booking is confirmed. If you do not complete your booking, the fee will not be refunded.
Fare hold Confirmation: We'll send you a Fare Hold confirmation email, which will include a Fare Hold booking reference and a link to the form below.
Complete the form below: Use your new Fare Hold booking reference and family name to complete the Fare Hold Credit Redemption form below. You have 24 hours to fill in the form. We will send you an email to confirm we've received your submission. If you have held fares as described above but you no longer want to travel, you can simply let the booking lapse by not completing the form.
Leave it with us: We will then use your credit to finalise your booking. If your new flights are more than your credit balance, or we encounter any other issues, we will call you and get it sorted.
- Booking confirmation: Once we have processed your request, we will send you your E-ticket via email. This may take up to 14 days - don't worry, your booking is safe and will be processed in time for your flight.
Step 2: Fill in the form
Having trouble seeing the form? Try using a different internet browser or device.