Sydney hotels and accommodation
Not only can we get you there, we've put together some great places to stay in Sydney to rest your head after each day's adventures. Read on to see what suits you, and thanks to our partnership with Expedia you can snag a package rate accommodation deal when you book your flights with us.
Popular places to stay and things to do in Central Sydney
From accommodation in the CBD to hotels near the airport, there are many options for your holiday in this beautiful metropolis. The diverse city sprawls along the coastlines of the Sydney Harbour, forming many neighbourhoods and precincts to explore. Here are a few great places to stay, along with ideas for things to do once you're there.
The city's central business district includes buzzing precincts like Circular Quay and Darling Harbour. It's a lively place filled with a myriad cultures, cuisines, artworks, shops, entertainment venues and everything you could want in a city break. There's no shortage of Sydney accommodation in the form of apartments, hotels, hostels and much more to make this hub your home.
Things to do near your Central Sydney hotel:
- See the sights: Sydney is an iconically beautiful city, and the Opera House and Harbour Bridge combo is the most famous of its views. From Circular Quay, you can see them both, and head into The Botanic Gardens for a wider angle.
- Shop, eat and drink: There are plentiful opportunities to do all of these in the CBD. Wander the gorgeous Strand Arcade, find a bar in Darling Harbour, or splurge on a booking at one of the city's many fine dining spots like Aria Restaurant.
- Wander: There are some fantastic parks around here, including Hyde Park and the spacious Royal Botanic Gardens. Walk the trails to enjoy a breath of fresh air, and take a picnic lunch to enjoy a different side to the busy city.
Where to stay in Sydney CBD:
- The two Sofitel locations, Sofitel Wentworth and Sofitel Darling Harbour, are 5-star hotels that offer elegant accommodation if you're looking for something luxurious.
- Although technically just outside of the central city, Russell Hotel in The Rocks is a fun boutique hotel in a fantastic location just steps from Circular Quay.
- For cheap accommodation in Sydney CBD, try Nomads Sydney on Kent Street.
If you'd rather escape the hustle and bustle of the city, head out by road or ferry to Manly. It's got a relaxed, beachy vibe and a great cafe culture, along with some top hotels in Sydney's northern coastal suburbs. If you like sun, surf and sand, this – or Bondi – is the best place to stay.
Things to do near your Manly hotel:
- Wander North Head: This promontory gives you some great views of the harbour and the Tasman Sea, as well as some interesting historical military sites to explore by bike or on foot.
- Be a beach bum: Enjoy the sands of Manly Beach which stretch for more than two kilometres. Backed with Norfolk Pines, it's a beautiful place with plenty of spots to eat and drink between swimming, surfing and sunbathing sessions.
- Go brunching: There's no lack of locations for a leisurely morning in Manly. Stroll the waterfront, get a coffee and some food, and enjoy the chill atmosphere.
Where to stay in Manly:
- The Sebel Manly Beach, one of Sydney's AccorHotels is in a great waterfront location next to the Manly Life Saving Club.
- Manly Paradise Motel & Apartments is a solid alternative, and a great option if you are planning a longer stay.
- The Stoke Beach House is an affordable choice, and popular with young travelers.
Popular for its proximity to the city's air hub, this is where you'll find airport hotels for maximum travel convenience and it's just a short trip by car or public transport to the CBD and other suburbs.
Things to do near your Mascot hotel:
- Golf: There's quite a cluster of golf courses around Mascot: The Lakes, Bonnie Doon, Eastlake, The Australian and others. If you're a keen golfer, this is the place to be.
- Plane spotting at the beach: Along General Holmes Drive is a small section of beach right next to the runway area where it sticks out into Botany Bay. You'll be hair raisingly close to planes landing and taking off and can even go for a dip while you watch.
- Try a tipple: Archie Rose Distilling Co and The Rocks Brewing Co are both close to Mascot and produce spirits and small-batch beers respectively. Call in for a taste and some food while you're in the area.
Where to stay in Mascot:
- Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport is a comfortable luxury hotel, perfect for busy travellers.
- Try Ibis Budget Sydney Airport if you're after an affordable hotel near the airport.
- Rydges Sydney Airport is the only airport hotel in Sydney that's located right at the International Terminal. How easy is that?
Finding the right type of Sydney hotel
A big, sprawling city like Sydney has many different choices for accommodation, and it can get tricky to find the right hotel deals for your trip amongst the crowd. Picking through the hotels in the CBD, airport accommodation, Darling Harbour hotels, suburban bed and breakfasts and all the other possibilities is a bit of a task, so we've added useful filters to our Expedia-powered search engine to make it easier to find your home away from home. Filter according to things like:
- The hotel's star rating, from three to five.
- Price per night, so you can find the cheapest hotels if you're on a budget.
- Location in the city or suburbs.
- Amenities like pools, WiFi, air conditioning, airport transfers and more.
- Property type, from self-catering apartments to the highest rating hotel rooms and everything in between.