Welcome to our privacy centre. We recognise you own your personal information and want to be as transparent with you as possible about how we handle your information when you interact with us. We update our privacy centre on a regular basis, in line with global laws and best practices related to privacy so you can find out all you need to know about the information we collect, use and share about you. You can find out about how we protect your information and the control you have to access, correct and delete your information, as well as manage your preferences. We also provide you answers to our frequently asked questions and give you some useful contact information.
Air New Zealand plays a pivotal role in supercharging New Zealand's success environmentally, socially and economically. That's a responsibility that we take very seriously. We can only fulfil this role with the trust of our customers, employees, shareholders, business partners and communities. The way we handle your personal information is crucial to earning and maintaining this trust.
As an international airline, we need to collect personal information about our customers and passengers. We try to collect this directly from you as much as possible, but may also collect information through some of our trusted third parties. We want to give you the best possible experience we can provide and need to collect and use some of your information to provide you the travel experiences, products and services you request from us.
We know that you will only entrust us with your personal information if you believe we look after it responsibly. We work hard to 'think privacy & do the right thing'. That's our privacy commitment to you wherever you are in the world.
Throughout the privacy centre, you can ask us to get more information, raise your concerns, make a request or provide feedback.
Thanks for trusting us with your personal information. Here's what we do with it. More info.
Here you can find out what personal information we hold about you. You can also control what we do with it. More info.
If you have any concerns or questions, here's how you get in touch with us or check our FAQs. More info.
Air New Zealand is recognised as the organisation responsible for the collection and use of personal information in the context of providing the products and services we have outlined throughout the privacy centre.
We have provided some translations in languages other than English. If there is any uncertainty between the English version and these translations, you should refer to the English version.
We will update the content on this privacy centre if there are relevant changes in law or in our business operations. Check back from time to time.
When you interact with us or visit and use our online and mobile applications, you are accepting the practices for handling your personal information that we describe here. The information contained throughout this section equates to the Air New Zealand privacy statement.
Air New Zealand privacy requirements
It's a big job protecting the privacy of your personal information. We have outlined five clear privacy requirements that apply to customers who are anywhere in the world and who use our products or services.
These privacy requirements reflect our business principles that you can find in our Code of Conduct. They guide our efforts to 'think privacy & do the right thing'.
1. Operate safely, responsibly and reliably
- We have assigned roles, responsibility and accountability for privacy management across the business from our leadership team down
- We have a global privacy office which engages with our employees and partners to design products and services that address and respect privacy impacts
2. Act with integrity, honesty and transparency
- We are open about our reasons for collecting, using and sharing personal information and we ensure they meet legal and legitimate business requirements
- We communicate openly and clearly through our privacy centre explaining how we collect personal information and who we need to share it with
- We provide customers a way to access and update the personal information they share with us and we aim to maintain the quality of information we handle
3. Protect our people, property and information
- We believe that personal information that is private should remain private and we regularly remind employees how to protect it
- We work with our security team and partners to protect the personal information we are responsible for
- We will keep personal information only for as long as needed to meet legitimate customer and business needs
4. Treat people fairly and with respect
- We only collect the personal information we need and if we need to use or share it for new reasons we will try our best to let customers know
- Where it is feasible, we give customers control over the personal information they share with us and their preferences
- We seek to provide our customers with personalised offerings that are relevant and helpful
- We welcome feedback on the way we handle personal information
5. Comply with the law
- We will adhere to core privacy behaviours
- We keep an eye on changes in the law globally that may impact privacy and we will update our approach to privacy if necessary