Status Points Head Start terms and conditions
Please note that Status Points Head Start has been delayed due to the impacts of COVID-19.
"Airpoints™ Gold and Elite Tenure" means the number of consecutive years (being consecutive 12 month periods) the Member has spent at Airpoints Gold or Elite Tier Status, or a combination of the two. The Airpoints Gold and Elite Tenure shall be calculated at the Member's last Tier Status Review Date.
Terms and conditions:
- From an effective date to be set by Air New Zealand, Members who hold Airpoints Gold or Elite Tier Status and have an Airpoints Gold and Elite Tenure of at least ten (10) years, are eligible to receive a bonus of additional Status Points ("Status Points Head Start").
- To be eligible for the Status Points Head Start, Members must:
- Currently hold Elite or Gold Membership Tier Status; and
- Have an Airpoints Gold and Elite Tenure of at least 10 years, ("Eligibility Criteria")
- Subject to the Eligibility Criteria being met, Members will receive a Status Points Head Start at the start of their next Airpoints Elite or Gold Membership Year and each subsequent Gold or Elite Membership Year, at the rates shown on our website.
- The following Membership Years do not count towards a Member's Airpoints Gold and Elite Tenure:
- Where a Member is an Elite Partner and does not also hold Airpoints Gold or Elite Tier Status in their own right;
- Where a Member has Nominated Gold or Nominated Elite Tier Status.
For the avoidance of doubt, the memberships set out in clause (4)(a) and (b) are not considered Gold or Elite Tier Status for the purposes of the Eligibility Criteria.
- Status Points earned through the Status Points Head Start will expire in accordance with the Airpoints Terms and Conditions.
- Where a Member earns sufficient Status Points to upgrade from Airpoints Gold to Airpoints Elite Tier Status, provided all other Eligibility Criteria are met, the Member will receive a Status Points Head Start at the start of their new Elite Membership Year.
- Subject to all other criteria being met, there is no maximum number of Status Points Head Starts a Member may earn.
- Air New Zealand may make changes to any of the terms and conditions that apply to the Status Points Head Start, at any time and in its sole discretion.
- Airpoints Terms and Conditions apply and unless otherwise specified, all terms referred to in these terms and conditions have the same meaning as the Airpoints Terms and Conditions.