Find a quiet place to relax, refuel with something to eat and drink, catch up on the latest news or get some work done before your flight. We look forward to welcoming you and have everything you need to make travelling a pleasure.
As an Air New Zealand Koru member you will have access to Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges in New Zealand and at six international destinations prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand flight. In many of our overseas destinations we also provide access for members at partner lounges owned and operated by other providers:
Airpoints™ Elite, Gold and Koru members are also now able to use Virgin Australia lounges when connecting from an Air New Zealand trans-Tasman flight and flying domestically in Australia with Virgin Australia. These lounges are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, Mackay and Perth.
Lounge access policy
To ensure your visit to the lounge goes smoothly, please take a minute to familiarise yourself with some key points about lounge access. Please consult the Koru Terms and Conditions for further information.
If you are an Airpoints Elite or Gold member please consult the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for your specific lounge access policy.
- Members and their guest must be departing on an eligible Air New Zealand issued ticket and operated flight, on an eligible Virgin Australia flight (see below), a flight operated by Cathay Pacific with an Air New Zealand flight number between Auckland and Hong Kong, or a Singapore Airlines flight from Auckland or Christchurch with an Air New Zealand flight number (for travel from 6 January 2015).
- Lounge access is available immediately prior to departure only.
- Lounge access is not available to Koru members when travelling on a flight operated by another Star Alliance carrier as the Koru programme is not a Star Alliance product.
- Lounge access is not available to Koru members travelling on code share services with Virgin Atlantic or Etihad.
- Your Koru membership or Airpoints number should always be entered at the time of booking, and you should always carry your Koru card when travelling.
- Lounge access is not available when travelling on Night Rider flights.
- Koru members may bring one eligible guest to all Air New Zealand-branded owned and operated lounges on a space available basis.
- No guests or children are permitted at the Air New Zealand Koru Express facility in the Christchurch Regional Terminal.
- One eligible guest may be brought into the Auckland Domestic Regional Lounge.
- Guests of members may not be accepted at some of our Partner Lounges - please check the Partner Lounge Directory prior to travel to avoid disappointment.
- Children under the age of 12 who are travelling with eligible Elite, Gold or Koru members are invited into Air New Zealand owned and operated lounges only on a complimentary basis. This is in addition to guest entitlement and subject to availability. Unfortunately, children may not be brought into our partner lounges in addition to the applicable guest allowance for each partner lounge.
- If accessing an Air New Zealand owned and operated lounge with a single entry pass issued to Silver members, Airpoints Credit Cardholders and Above & Beyond members, only children under 2 years of age may accompany the guest on a complimentary basis.
Attire and behaviour
- We ask you to dress and act with consideration towards fellow lounge guests.
- Children are to be supervised at all times.
Virgin Australia trans-Tasman alliance
- Airpoints Elite, Gold and Koru members may bring one eligible guest with them to Virgin Australia lounges in Australia.
- Airpoints Elite, Gold and Koru members do not have access to lounges when travelling on Virgin Australia flights to and from the Pacific Islands, Denpasar Bali, Port Moresby or Phuket.
- Airpoints Elite, Gold and Koru members do not have access to lounges in conjunction with long haul Virgin Australia flights.
Cathay Pacific alliance
- As a Koru member, you can access our lounge in Auckland (when travelling to Hong Kong) or the Thai Airways Business Lounge in Hong Kong (when travelling to Auckland) when travelling on an Air New Zealand flight number (NZ4990-4995 operated by Cathay Pacific and NZ35, NZ85, NZ38, NZ80 operated by Air New Zealand).
- Koru members are welcome to bring a guest into the Air New Zealand International lounge in Auckland, but unfortunately there is no guest entitlement for our Hong Kong departures.
- Koru benefits and lounge access does not extend to Koru members travelling on Cathay Pacific operated flights between Hong Kong and London or any other Cathay Pacific operated services not directly bound for Auckland.
London Heathrow Terminal and Partner Lounge Change
Air New Zealand departs from London Heathrow Terminal 2, The Queen's Terminal. Koru members are welcome to visit our Partner Lounge, Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge with one guest, when departing on NZ1.
Information about the Star Alliance Lounge at Tom Bradley International Terminal, Los Angeles
Air New Zealand will utilise the Star Alliance Lounge at Tom Bradley International Terminal, Los Angeles, from 3 December 2014. Transiting customers on NZ1 and NZ2 will no longer need to remain in a dedicated transit facility and instead will be able to access the wider terminal while waiting for connecting flights.
Koru members will be able to access the Star Alliance Los Angeles Lounge. Star Alliance access rights apply, including that you must be travelling on an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight, and you may bring one guest into the lounge. Accompanying children under the age of two will be allowed into this Star Alliance Lounge free of charge, however any child two years and above may only be brought in under the single guest allowance.
Air New Zealand complimentary lounge eVouchers and passes (such as Silver complimentary lounge vouchers) issued by Air New Zealand will not be accepted at this lounge.
Please ensure your Airpoints number is always entered at the time of booking, and you should always carry your Airpoints card when travelling.
See the Airpoints Terms and Conditions for full programme details.