If you have already purchased a Business Premier™, Premium Economy, Economy Flexi, Flexi Works or Flexi Works Deluxe ticket, you can purchase a travel companion fare, from your Gifting Register, a discounted ticket paid for with Airpoints Dollars™. Just follow the simple step by step process below:
- Choose your flight
- Call our contact centre to see if a companion ticket is available for your preferred flight(s)
- If available, we will confirm the required number of Airpoints Dollars for the companion ticket
- Book your flight
- Choose your giftees
- Sign in to your Airpoints account
- Under the Gifting Register tab you can add giftees who you can then buy flights for with your Airpoints Dollars
- Anyone living in your house can be a giftee, even if they're not an Airpoints member
- If you're a Gold or Elite Airpoints member, or you currently have a Westpac Airpoints credit card (for NZ residents only), you can choose a limited number of people outside your household to be giftees as well on each anniversary year of your Gold or Elite Airpoints membership
- There is no charge to add another Airpoints member to your Gifting Register. Please note a fee of NZD $25 or 25 Airpoints Dollars is payable for each giftee who is not an Airpoints Member
- Request the companion ticket
- Call our contact centre again to request your companion ticket, ensuring you have enough Airpoints Dollars for the full value of the companion ticket
- Your request can be made up to 355 days in advance
- Your companion ticket will be confirmed by email
See our companion ticket chart, which shows companion ticket prices for international and domestic destinations in Airpoints Dollars.
Share the love with Shairpoints™
Get rewards faster with a Shairpoints account that pools your Airpoints Dollars with others to get to that next reward sooner.
Earn more points every day
Not enough Airpoints Dollars? If you're short on Airpoints Dollars, you could boost your Airpoints Dollars if you have an Air New Zealand Airpoints™ credit card, issued by Kiwibank. See Airpoints Dollars top up for further information.
Companion tickets are only available on Air New Zealand ticketed and operated international flights
Companion tickets are not available in conjunction with Smart Saver or Global Saver Max fares, Airpoints award tickets, Airpoints Flexipay, travel industry fares, prize/promotion tickets and upgrades or Seat Only or Seat + Bag products
All long haul companion ticket prices are exclusive of a APD60 or NZD $60 service fee (per one-way journey)
Short haul companion ticket prices are exclusive of a APD35 or NZD $35 service fee (per one-way journey)
The fares shown exclude all applicable taxes, levies and surcharges. Taxes, levies and surcharges must be paid for with cash, not Airpoints Dollars
Where travel originates or is sold outside of New Zealand fares for companion tickets on Air New Zealand will change depending on local currency fluctuations against the New Zealand Dollar. For up to date fares for travel which originates or is sold outside of New Zealand please contact your nearest Air New Zealand Contact Centre
See the Airpoints terms and conditions for full programme details.