Use your Airpoints™ credit card to top up your Airpoints Dollars™
You'll need a Air New Zealand Airpoints credit card, issued by Kiwibank. Here's how to top up your Airpoints Dollars:
- Sign in to your Air New Zealand account.
- Click on 'My Balances'.
- Click on 'Top up your Airpoints Dollars' under the credit card tab.
- Enter the amount you need and your Air New Zealand Airpoints credit card details, and your Airpoints Dollar balance will be topped up instantly (you need enough available credit to purchase the requested top-up amount and pay the $5 fee).
Important information on topping up and Airpoints Dollars
- You must have enough available credit to purchase the requested top-up amount and to pay the $5 fee1
- The top up fee is deducted separately from your account, so there's no need to add it to the Airpoints Dollar amount you are purchasing
- Airpoints Dollar purchases are non-refundable, so make sure you are happy with your choice before you click on submit
- Airpoints Dollars cannot be redeemed for some flights. If you're not sure whether a fare is eligible, call us on 0800 737 000
- If you purchase an Air New Zealand flight using Airpoints Dollars, remember you will need to pay any additional government and airport charges. You won't be able to use your Airpoints Dollars to pay these.
More to like about Airpoints
Reach your destination with Airpoints Flexipay
Airpoints Flexipay is ideal if you want to book your next flight now, but don't quite have enough Airpoints Dollars. With Airpoints Flexipay that's no problem, you can combine your Airpoints Dollars with cash, and away you go.
Boost your Airpoints Dollar balance with our partners
With over 60 Airpoints partners there are many ways you can maximise the Airpoints Dollars you earn from your everyday spend.
You can even earn twice on eligible purchases by presenting your digital Airpoints card (or quoting your Airpoints membership number), before paying with your Airpoints credit car at participating Aipoints partners.
1 A top up fee of $5 applies when purchasing Airpoints Dollars for yourself or another NZ resident Airpoints member. Once purchased, Airpoints Dollars are non-refundable. Customers who purchase fares using Airpoints Dollars will need to pay any additional government and airport costs separately. Payment for these cannot be made with Airpoints Dollars.(check phrasing the need for additional payment)
2 Any applicable third-party taxes, levies or surcharges must be paid in cash and not with Airpoints Dollars, unless the fare is a New Zealand domestic fare. Air New Zealand Airpoints programme terms and conditions apply.
Kiwibank Limited is the issuer of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit card/this card. Lending criteria, terms and conditions and fees apply. Airpoints terms and conditions apply. See airpointscreditcard.co.nz for details.