Earning Airpoints Dollars™
Airpoints™ from Air New Zealand, for all New Zealand. With so many ways to earn Airpoints Dollars™ you don’t have to be a frequent flyer to enjoy the benefits of Airpoints. Keep reading for all the ways you can start increasing your Airpoints Dollar balance today and start enjoying an Airpoints reward in no time.
- Earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points while you fly. You can earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points on every Air New Zealand flight* as well as many partner airline and Star Alliance flights.
- Start earning Airpoints Dollars on the ground with over 50 partners like Mercury, Z, New World, Mitre 10, and more.
- Take out one of the great range of Airpoints credit card or debit cards from one of our financial partners and earn Airpoints Dollars on your everyday spending.
- We’ve teamed up with a range of hotel, cruise, rental car, parking, taxi and travel insurance providers so now you can earn Airpoints Dollars on almost every part of your next travel experience.
- Shop through our online Airpoints Mall and earn Airpoints Dollars when you buy from some of your favourite international and local brands, like Asos, Apple Store, Barkers, Marks & Spencer and Ebay.
- Always remember to provide your Airpoints membership number when making bookings and to follow the instructions for earning with each of our partners on our website.
- If you need a replacement Airpoints membership card, you can get one for NZD $25 or 25 Airpoints Dollars. The cost is waived for Airpoints Silver, Gold and Elite members. If you'd like a replacement card, call the Contact Centre.
- For missing Airpoints Dollars or Status Points, which you think should have been credited to your account, you can either make a claim online or by writing to us.
- Airpoints Dollars are valid for 4-5 years. Each year, on your anniversary of joining Airpoints, any Airpoints Dollars earned more than four years earlier will expire. Every time you use Airpoints Dollars, the oldest ones are used first, keeping the Airpoints Dollars due to expire to a minimum. To see when your Airpoints Dollars are due to expire, sign in to your online Air New Zealand account. Also ensure that your communication preferences allow us to send you account information and that way you will be updated regularly about your Airpoints Dollar balance.
Your Airpoints Dollars will not expire while you retain Elite or Gold status. Should you move below Gold status, you will have until your next anniversary of joining to use any Airpoints Dollars that would have otherwise expired. If your next anniversary falls within two months of you moving below Gold status you will have two months to utilise these Airpoints Dollars.
When you have a selected Airpoints credit card your Airpoints Dollars will also never expire as long as you hold that card.