Feeding your infant
- You are welcome to bring your own baby food and feeding equipment on board
- You can breastfeed at any time during the flight including during take-off and landing. This can also help to equalise the pressure in babies' ears
- On international flights, our cabin crew are happy to prepare, heat and wash bottles whenever needed, but they don't have a way to sterilise them
- For long haul flights, but not Tasman and Pacific flights, you can request a special infant meal when you book. For online bookings, please request this through the contact centre. Please do so at least 24 hours before your departure
Meals suitable for children 2 years and older are available on:
- All long haul flights
- Tasman and Islands flights when you select The Works, Works Deluxe, Premium Economy or Business Premier products
(No children's meals are served on our domestic flights within New Zealand.)
To book a children's meal for your child, select the children's meal option when you book your flights, or request it through the contact centre or your travel centre after you've booked. Please do this at least 24 hours before your departure.
Children's meals offered will vary depending on your departure location. For flights departing New Zealand, a selection of the following items will be offered. Please note the selection may vary on the day:
- Main meal: Waitoa free range chicken tenders with roasted kumara and broccoli or penne pasta with beef bolognaise meal both meals served with Kapiti ice cream, cheese stick, fruit juice and fresh apple pack
- Breakfast: cinnamon hotcakes with apple and raisin compote, fresh fruit salad , muffin and juice
- Snacks: available on long haul only or to purchase on short haul - Rookie Cookie, potato chips and fruit juice
If your child has special dietary needs, pre-order special meals are available on our long haul international services. Please contact the contact centre for assistance at least 24 hours before your departure.
More information about self-catering and food allergies.
Where possible, the cabin crew serve children's meals before serving adults, so you can feed your child before relaxing and enjoying your own meal.
Kids' activities packs
When you book an international flight and order a children's meal we include a fun kid's pack.
Children have their very own section with movies, TV programmes, games and audio books that are all suitable for little ones. Find out more.