Getting in touch with us 💜
We continue to receive an extremely high number of calls, messages, and emails, which is greatly affecting our response time. On occasion, it may take more than three hours to speak with one of our contact centre experts.
Due to a technical error with our chatbot, Oscar, we are experiencing a backlog of messages which means that it may take us longer to get to your query if you have reached out to us via Facebook or Twitter.
Our teams are working extremely hard to answer each call and respond to your messages as quickly as possible, and we thank you for your continued patience while you wait to connect with us.
You may also be able to find the answer to your query on our website -
- You can monitor the status of your flight here.
- View, change or cancel your flight bookings, as well as add a seat request or prepaid extra bag via Manage Bookings.
- Find more information about credits here, or view and use yours with our online credit tool.
- See our Travel Requirements page for details about NZ domestic and international destinations.
- If you need a pre-departure test to travel, check out these helpful pointers.
- Visit our COVID-19 information hub to read about what to expect when travelling.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ mobile app to stay up to date with your bookings.
If you’re an Airpoints member, sign in to your account to tailor your travel alerts.
Other points to keep in mind -
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available where your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- Following a review of our vaccination policies, you are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated domestic or international service. Please note that any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- If you have any questions or are having difficulty completing your New Zealand Traveller Declaration, please reach out to the NZTD Contact Centre for assistance.
Congestion at Auckland Airport
Auckland Airport Company has advised that due to underground utility work near the international terminal, you are likely to see traffic congestion over the coming weeks.
Both George Bolt Memorial Drive and Tom Pearce Drive will continue to be impacted, which may cause you some delay. Please prepare for an extended travel time and check traffic conditions in advance.
Please note that as a result of these works, the immediate pick up and drop off area has been temporarily moved to Car Park A. Changes have also been made to the entrances of Car Parks E and A. More information about these changes can be found here.
In addition, Aviation Security is experiencing extended processing times at the domestic terminal. We strongly recommend you allow plenty of time to complete check-in and make your way through security and to your gate.
Travel between New Zealand and Samoa
We have recently been advised by the Samoan Government that, effective immediately and until further notice, all customers travelling to Apia are required to arrange transport from the airport to their home and isolate for 7 days.
If you're unable to go home, alternative prior arrangements with a hotel provider must be made.
For more information, please refer to the Samoan Government website.
Travel between New Zealand and Shanghai
Due to the continued risk of COVID-19 Omicron variant, Shanghai remains in lockdown. As a result of these ongoing restrictions, our services to and from Shanghai for the remainder of May will be cancelled.
Affected customers will receive communication from Air New Zealand over the next few days with their travel options.
Our June schedule will be reassessed closer to the time and an update will be provided on this page.
Should any further changes occur, affected customers will be notified directly via the contact information we have available to us in their bookings.
Changes to New Zealand entry and arrival requirements
We're looking forward to welcoming visitors back to Aotearoa, New Zealand, following recent changes to the country's entry and arrival requirements.
Changes to entry requirements
- For the latest updates on New Zealand entry requirements, and to check if you are eligible, please visit the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
What do you need to travel to New Zealand?
For more information about NZ domestic and international travel requirements, please visit our COVID-19 information hub.