Airpoints for Business frequently asked questions
1. If I join Airpoints™ for Business, will I still be able to earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points into my personal Airpoints account, as I do now as part of being an Airpoints member?
Yes, nothing changes to the amount of Airpoints Dollars or Status Points you earn when you travel for work - these are all yours. While the individual traveller continues to earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points just as they do today, the business can now earn a percentage of the Airpoints Dollars too!
2. What are the costs associated with Airpoints for Business?
There are no costs associated with Airpoints for Business. It is free to join, there is no minimum spend, and there are no annual membership fees.
3. I am a member of Air New Zealand’s Above & Beyond programme. Can I register with Airpoints for Business?
Yes you can, however your company may only belong to Airpoints for Business or Above & Beyond at any one time. In order to complete your registration to Airpoints for Business please contact the Above & Beyond team on 0800 250 055 who will be able to assist you.
4. I am a member of Shairpoints, can I join Airpoints for Business?
Yes. You can be a member of Shairpoints and Airpoints for Business.
5. Can Charities and Incorporated Societies join Airpoints for Business?
Yes they can, however as Incorporated Societies and Charitable Trusts are yet to be issued with an NZBN number, they must register under the ‘sole trader/partnership’ link. An IRD number will be required at registration for validation purposes.
Once an NZBN number is issued, we will request for this to be updated to the database. These are expected to be issued by the end of 2016. For more information, please visit the Companies Office website.
6. Are there any tax implications associated with an Airpoints for Business account?
We recommend that Airpoints for Business members consult their accountant or tax advisor to ensure that they understand any possible tax implications, such as fringe benefit tax (if applicable).
7. My company has more than one business owner - can I add multiple business owners to my Airpoints for Business account?
No, an Airpoints for Business account can only have one business owner, however you can have as many administrators as you like. Administrators have the ability to manage the Airpoints for Business account, add employees, view account details, make bookings on behalf of linked employees and spend the Airpoints Dollars accrued to the account.
8. I work for more than one company - can I register to be part of each Airpoints for Business account?
No. You may only belong to one Airpoints for Business account at any one time.
9. Do my employees have to be Airpoints members in order to join my Airpoints for Business account?
Yes. All members linked to an Airpoints for Business account (including the business owner, administrators and employees) must be Airpoints programme members. They can join online for free.
10. I’ve tried to join Airpoints for Business but it won’t let me register. Why is this?
There could be several reasons. Your company may be part of a commercial contract with Air New Zealand, part of the All of Government contract or a member of Above & Beyond. Alternatively you may not be listed as an NZ registered company or an NZ resident, or the information that you have entered is incorrect. If when trying to register the error messaging is not able to guide you on where your registration is failing, please contact the team on 0800 247 764 who will be able to investigate this for you.
11. What is the role of my Airpoints for Business Account ID, and when do I use this?
Your Airpoints for Business Account ID will be provided to you upon registration in the format of BXXXXX. Like your IRD or NZBN number, your Account ID is a unique identifier for your business. You may be requested to use this in the initial registration process for earning with an Airpoints for Business partner.
In order to view your Airpoints for Business Account ID you will firstly need to sign in to your online Air New Zealand account. Once you’ve done so, if you are a business owner or administrator, you will find this listed under the “Airpoints for Business” tab.
Your Airpoints for Business Account ID in no way replaces your Airpoints programme membership number.
12. Can I accept the invitation to join on behalf of my employees?
No. Only the employee may accept this invitation. The employee will be required to accept the Airpoints for Business Terms & Conditions in order to complete the registration process.
13. How do I unsubscribe from Airpoints for Business emails?
You may update your communication preferences at any time by signing in to your online Air New Zealand account and updating your profile via the ‘My Profile’ page. Alternatively, you may also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any Airpoints for Business communications at any point.
14. I have tried to invite an employee to join my Airpoints for Business account however my invitation was never received. Why is this?
Please ensure that the employee checks the email address which they have listed in their personal Airpoints profile. You may resend this invitation via the Airpoints for Business dashboard in your online Air New Zealand account. To do so, you will firstly need to withdraw your invitation to the employee by selecting “Withdraw Invitation”.
15. I cannot add an administrator to my Airpoints for Business account. Why is this?
In order to be able to assign administration rights to an employee, you must have at least two members in your Airpoints for Business account (i.e. the business owner + an employee). Once you invite an employee, their membership will show as ‘pending’ in the Airpoints for Business account. The employee will need to accept the invitation to join the account before you can assign them to be an administrator.
More information on assigning administrators is available on our website here. If you continue to have issues please contact the Air New Zealand Contact Centre on 0800 247 764.
16. I accidentally deleted my Airpoints for Business invitation from my employer, how do I receive another one?
You will need to request for your employer to resend another invitation.
17. Does the business owner have visibility into my personal Airpoints account?
No, the business owner does not have visibility into a linked employee’s personal Airpoints account as they can only see the activity of the Airpoints for Business account.
Details of your travel that has been nominated as business related will be visible to the business owner and any assigned administrators to the account. If you make a booking and the flight is not nominated as business, these details will not be available to the Airpoints for Business account.
18. How does Air New Zealand define business travel?
We define business travel as travel undertaken for business purposes. The majority of your travel must be for business purposes only.
19. I’m booking my travel online, do I enter my Airpoints for Business membership number to be rewarded?
No. You will need to follow the same process and enter your personal Airpoints number when making your booking. During the booking flow, you will receive a prompt asking you to nominate your travel as for leisure, or business.
20. My travel bookings are made via a travel agent. How do I nominate my upcoming flights as 'for business' to ensure that the Airpoints for Business account is awarded?
Simply let your travel agent know that you are travelling for work, and they will be able to nominate your booking accordingly.
21. How do I nominate my travel as business-related?
When booking via the Air New Zealand website, follow the prompts to nominate your travel as 'for business' during the booking process.
When booking via a travel agent, simply let your travel agent know that you are travelling for work.
If you have forgotten to nominate your travel as 'for business' when making your booking, and you have not yet travelled, you can manage your booking via the 'My Bookings' section in your online Air New Zealand account.
If you have already flown, you can submit a retrospective claim.
22. When will I receive the Airpoints Dollars earned on Eligible flights?
When you earn Airpoints Dollars on eligible flights your Airpoints Dollars should appear in your online Air New Zealand Account within three months of the eligible flight being made. For more information, please visit the Airpoints Terms & Conditions.
23. Does my business earn Status Points?
No. There are no membership tiers to the Airpoints for Business programme.
24. There are several people on my booking but not all are travelling for business. Can I nominate this as business related?
Yes, however only the travellers that are associated with an Airpoints for Business membership will be able to contribute Airpoints Dollars towards the Airpoints for Business account.
If you have not travelled yet, you can change the purpose of your travel from the ‘My Bookings’ section in your online Air New Zealand account.
You will need to locate the travel which you would like to nominate as ‘for business’, followed by selecting to ‘View Fare Information’ which will direct you to manage your booking. The flight can be nominated as ‘for business’ from the Airpoints for Business section within the ‘Manage Booking’ page.
If you have already flown, you can submit a retrospective claim.
26. Can I use my UATP Travelcard as payment with Airpoints for Business?
No. As an Airpoints for Business member you will not be able to use Travelcard as payment, and this payment option will not be available to you when booking at airnewzealand.co.nz.
27. Why can’t I use my UATP Travelcard as a form of payment with Airpoints for Business?
Air New Zealand Travelcard benefits are not available in conjunction with Airpoints for Business programme benefits.
28. How can I claim missing Airpoints Dollars?
You can claim missing Airpoints Dollars by signing in to your online Air New Zealand account and selecting the ‘My Bookings’ link at the top right of the page. From the ‘My Bookings’ page, select the ‘Claim Missing Airpoints’ link and enter the required details on the form. Alternatively, you can access the form directly here.
29. Who has the authority to spend from the Airpoints for Business account?
The business owner of the account and any nominated administrators are the only ones with the authority to spend Airpoints Dollars from the Airpoints for Business account
30. How do I book flights using the Airpoints Dollars in my Airpoints for Business account?
As a business owner or administrator of an Airpoints for Business account you can either transfer Airpoints Dollars to any linked employee OR purchase a flight for an employee at www.airnz.co.nz by selecting Airpoints for Business as the payment option (note that this will only be accepted if the Airpoints for Business account balance is greater than the cost of the ticket).
31. Which flights can I redeem my Airpoints Dollars on?
All Airpoints Dollars redemptions are subject to the Airpoints Terms & Conditions.